[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Installing new tracks...

Installing new tracks...

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Installing new tracks...

Postby TheNaiker » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi,

I have both TORCS and SD (version 2.0, RC1) on my PC (both on them have been installed with the Windows .exe), and I've downloaded tracks present on this forum, but I can't run them properly. Namely, I have unzipped the files and put them into the tracks folder (\data\tracks\circuit). SD allows me to choose them in the game menu, but when I decide to start my practice race the game aborts without any error message. With TORCS instead I haven't had any problem.

Where am I making a mistake?
TheNaiker

Re: Installing new tracks...

Postby WingCommander » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Which tracks?

Torcs and SD use different "catagory" names for tracks. Torcs = dirt, oval, road (and I have added grand-prix) SD = circuit, dirt, road, speedway. The track folder needs to be copied to the corresponding catagory folder. I.E.: all of the tracks on this forum are not "circuit"

A Torcs oval = SD speedway and a Torcs grand-prix = SD circuit. If you look in the .xml file (text editor), for the track in question, you will find a line that reads: <attstr name="category" val="blah blah blah"/> You may need to change the val= to the type of track required or move that track to the correct catagory folder.

I have realized that many of the tracks, I uploaded, may have this error because I built them for Torcs, initially.
WingCommander

Re: Installing new tracks...

Postby TheNaiker » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:16 pm

I understand. I thought that tracks like Hockhenheim, and other ones taken from the Tracks section of this forum, had to be placed under "circuit" folder, not under "road" one.

Thank you for your reply, really :)
TheNaiker

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help