[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Mouse calibration

Mouse calibration

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Mouse calibration

Postby IceMan1988 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:40 am

I've got a problem to calibrate throttle/brake with my mouse. Normal calibration when I click where I should just doesn't work. Usually I have no throttle and full brake is in center of screen. When I tried to click anywhere else in calibration, I've seen that center of calibration isn't in center of a screen and it is probably only thing that doesn't calibrate well. I play on Windows 7 64-bit, ATI HD4850, aspect ratio 16:10, tried compatible and best graphics mode, fullscreen (1680x1050) and windowed (1280x800), nothing of that makes it better. Do you have any ideas what doesn't work? Readme tells about Visual C++ 2005 that should be in some totally antic version (2.0, I have 8.0 installed) - could this make a problem or it has nothing in common with steering?
IceMan1988

Re: Mouse calibration

Postby mungewell » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi,
Are you having problems during the calibration process, or whilst trying to race? I don't think VC version is likely to be the issue...

I did a quick test on Win7 (32 bit) with SD2.0RC1 in a 800x600 window and it appears to be OK. Using MOUSE_LEFT/RIGHT for steer and MOUSE_UP for acc and MOUSE_DOWN for brake. Appears to calibrate OK and I can race (but I'm not very good driver with mouse ;0)

I've attached the 'Documents/Speed-Dreams-2.settings/drivers/human/preferences.xml' file which is where the driver config/calibration is stored. You might try it, to see if the problem lies somewhere with the calibration process under Win7 (64 bit).

You can enable the cross hair (key '4') to see how the system sees you control input when racing, the only quirk is that auto-reverse flips the acc/brake so that can be confusing.

Let us know if this helps,
Simon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mungewell

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help