[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Firestorm Thrustmaster Dual Analog 3

Firestorm Thrustmaster Dual Analog 3

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Firestorm Thrustmaster Dual Analog 3

Postby lupopa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Hallo,

I hope you understand my bad english, it's to bad for this Problem ;)

I'm using a Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analog Gamepad.
Show this Link http://www.thrustmaster.de/de_DE/produk ... l-analog-3

the Mini Joysticks on this Pad respond sensitively to the steering and throttle...

They respond to aggressive and I would like to adjust it so they do not react too sensitively?

how can i set this?

TY

Lupopa
lupopa

Re: Firestorm Thrustmaster Dual Analog 3

Postby mungewell » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:10 pm

During the controls configuration and calibration process you set which controls are used for steering, acceleration and braking, and the maximum 'limit' points for each. For steering the linearity and speed sensitivity can also be adjusted.

If you increase the 'speed sensitivity' value this should reduce the steering amount as requested by joystick as the car gets faster, which should stop it swinging about so much.

That said, I believe that you are requesting to have the full travel of the thumb-sticks to represent 'less' of a value.... I can't immediately think of a method to achieve this via the UI.

You could try editing the 'preferences.xml' after configuration/calibration is complete. For example, setting '-2.0' and '2.0' for the min/max values for steering. I guessing (slightly educated though ;-) ) that this will mean that your thumbstick can only request 1/2 the maxium steering amount, which might get you going as you want.
--
<attstr name="steer" val="AXIS0-0"/>
<attnum name="steer sensitivity" val="0.000000"/>
<attnum name="steer power" val="1.000000"/>
<attnum name="steer min" val="-2.000000"/>
<attnum name="steer max" val="2.000000"/>

--

'preferences.xml' is located in:
windows - C:\Users\<user>\Documents\speed-dreams-2.settings\drivers\human\
linux - ~/.speed-dreams-2/drivers/human/

If you hit the '4' key, this will bring up a cross-hair showing the amount of steer/acc/brake as you move the joystick about.

Please report back whether this works for you, good luck,
Simon.

PS. Where are you from?
mungewell

Re: Firestorm Thrustmaster Dual Analog 3

Postby lupopa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Ah ty, that helps.. i'll search the best result with the Settings... 1.250000 + & - ;)

I'm from germany )

TY for your help...

Lupopa

PS: On Linux Ubuntu 10.04.4
lupopa

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help