[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Custom Robot Driver Parameters

Custom Robot Driver Parameters

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Custom Robot Driver Parameters

Postby deep_spacing » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:41 am

I'm interested in setting custom robot driver parameters. I'm new to Speed Dreams (love it!), but have played some with my own bt-derived TORCS 'bot in the past. I'd like to experiment first with Simplix, then later with USR.

I got the 2.0.0-rc1-r4420 code and compiled it, then spun-off simplix_trb1/16 and and simplix_trb1/17 drivers, which I've got in the compile cycle and have got custom paint jobs working (so I know my driver directories are functional).

I'd like to experiment with "simplix private" settings like lookaheadfactor, drift factor, and tcl slip, but putting custom values in the skill.xml or a newly-created default.xml file in the run-time data/drivers/simplix_trb1/16 directory has no effect on a 3-lap Corkskrew run (after a restart). [default.xml included in ZIP attachment] I don't see these specific attributes listed in the track-specific XML file, so I think my file is not getting read in or I've got some XML elements wrong.

If you can help out, I'd appreciate any advice.

Also, what is "mu"?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deep_spacing

Re: Custom Robot Driver Parameters

Postby torcs-ng » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:35 am

Hello deep_spacing,

welcome to the Speed Dreams world.
Have you modified simplix_trb1.xml for to have drivers 16 and 17 and you need modified too cmakelist for install drivers 16 and 17.
Yours modification should not be placed in skill.xml (this file has just a parameter for the skill driver), you must put in default.xml or name track.xml in the track directory or just name track.xml in the subdirectory name car if it only affects this car. But your modification will modified all drivers simplix_trb1 if you're putting in track subdirectory ans affects all drivers simplix_trb1 with these car if you're putting in car subdirectory

Cheers
Xavier
torcs-ng

Postby deep_spacing » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:14 am

Thanks for the info. I did get the two cars in to the build system via simplix_trb1.xml and the cmakelist. But, putting my default.xml into the driver directory didn't seem to load it - I tried extreme values which I should have noticed. Maybe my formatting is a little wrong. I'd like to leave the per-track settings alone, for now.

I had found this page before asking:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/speed- ... ilesSystem

but, on re-reading it just now, I think it's a little clearer to me and that I might try fiddling with my user dir speed-dreams-dev.settings subdirectories for the default.xml placement. The German "Eigene Dateien" naming threw me off the first time. :)
deep_spacing

Postby deep_spacing » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:52 am

Discovered that Mu is coefficient of friction. Not too fair (or at least, you're not learning anything), by setting it above 1 on a bot. You'd simply be saying "My car sticks to the track magically". :)

Lots of fun playing and adjusting the Simplix bot now. I made a separate car class off the simplix-trb1, so I could set my play with my own per-track values.
deep_spacing

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help