[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - tgf params.cpp and others

tgf params.cpp and others

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

tgf params.cpp and others

Postby ATS » Fri May 18, 2012 3:07 pm

ATS

Re: tgf params.cpp and others

Postby mungewell » Fri May 18, 2012 4:37 pm

I'm not following your entire chain of thought.... perhaps if you put some links to the 'browse source' repo over on trac:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/speed-dreams/browser

Regarding parsing XML, I believe that we use an 'embedded' (and old) verison of txml lib. There is a bug report suggesting that this should be un-bundled:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/speed ... ticket/634

Regarding changing formatting/capabilities of track files. This is something that we're interested in, especially the variable width tracks. However this all needs to be carefully thought out, as we don't want to break functionality for 3rd party tracks/cars/etc.

Of course all problems and faults are historical from TORCS :-) and we're open to suggestions/comments on how to fix them...
Simon
mungewell

Postby aeggy » Sat May 19, 2012 7:41 am

WDBee and Mart working on track features like alternative ways etc. too. Let's work together join our developer mailing list:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/speed ... helpWanted

Cheers
Eckhard.
aeggy

Postby ATS » Sat May 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi Simon and Eckhard,

Thanks for your replies.

It was not possible to follow my entire chain of thoughts because there was no chain... just some scraps.
That was a kind of "complaints" :) about the possibility to work with the code and what I have to do with it (I also forgot to mention the network play)

I give you links to code I was writing about.
function
returns void, throws no exception, but it could be used to return an error code. Instead, is used and lots of gotos. There were some special reasons for that?

A strange for me constant 40 can be found and further in the file.

Under txml do you mean tinyxml library?

Changing the format of track file can be easily done without breaking the compatibility with the old format (I don't speak about
how easy can be done a generation of the corresponding 3D scene and AI of robots for the new tracks...) But, imho, adding road junctions needs fundamental changes in the format and the compatibility may be lost (alternatively, two track formats may be supported). So if you plan to have non-linear tracks, a new forrmat must be introduced.

Eckhard, I've added myself to Speed-dreams-devel list. But I am not sure that what I have to do can be easily adopted by the project (for example, the robots support is not necessary for us now, and I will not probably take into account their needs since I am limited in time).

Thanks again!
Regards,
Tigran
ATS

Postby kilo » Mon May 21, 2012 6:35 am

Tigran,

yes indeed that function looks crappy. Could you please post a patch to our devel list that we could review and apply if approved?
That would be a nice "first step" to becoming an active contributor to SD.

Track format changes - that is a tough one that will need more time and more common thinking IMHO.

cheers
kilo
kilo

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help