[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Supercars Very Hard to Drive

Supercars Very Hard to Drive

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Supercars Very Hard to Drive

Postby Lin1876 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:55 pm

I've been enjoying my time in Speed Dreams, but I've found that I can only really use the TRB1 cars because the supercars are so difficult the handle. It's not that they're slow, it's that the steering is too twitchy, even with an analogue stick. Basically, is there anything I can do to sort this, or do I just have to live with it.
Lin1876

Re: Supercars Very Hard to Drive

Postby mungewell » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:21 am

My first suggestion would be to invest in a wheel, but if you can't/don't want to you can adjust the steering characteristics in the "Configure Player", then "Control Configuration" page.

Steering Sensitivity adjusts the linearity of the control, with 1 being linear, <1 being less sensitive to movement at center, and >1 more sensitive to movement at center. '0.7' might be a suitable value for joystick/thumstick.

Speed Sensitivity adjusts the applied steering when the car is traveling faster, which can also help you control the cars.

Just play with these until you find something you like, you can see the amount of steering at any moment if you bring up the cross hairs (key '4'). Have fun,
Simon.
mungewell

Postby Lin1876 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Is there a wheel you would recommend? I have the Xbox 360 wheel, but that doesn't work under Linux yet.
Lin1876

Postby Haruna » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:15 pm

For analog stick settings you might want to go with 0.4 steering sensitivity and 1.5 speed sensitive.

If you want a decent entry-level wheel, try a Logitech MOMO or Driving Force GT. Some Fanatec wheels might also work fine too.
Haruna

Postby mungewell » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:17 am

I absolutely love my G27, but it did take a lot of pleading with my wife before I bought it... DFP/DFGT is good too.

There is a userspace Xbox driver, so if you have the USB->Xbox wireless dongle this might work for you, (although I can't view that page at the moment as GFoC doesn't like it):
pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/

As long as you can get Linux to see axis movement, you'll be able to use it.
Simon
mungewell

Postby Lin1876 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:14 pm

That's what I thought, but apparently no. Accodring to the website for the driver, the 360 wheel isn't supported but could be added fairly easily, so there's hope. I'll pick up the PC Xbox dongle so I can use my existing controllers (which are a million times better than my USB PC controller).

I love the look of the G27, but I really can't justify spending over £200 on a wheel. Damn the student lifestyle!

Thanks a lot.
Lin1876

Postby aeggy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Besides that the SC cars need to be tweaked and have tu much brake pressure. Hopefully in SD 2.1 there are better prepeared.
aeggy

Postby mungewell » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:59 pm

mungewell

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help