[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Low framerate / mouse response

Low framerate / mouse response

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Low framerate / mouse response

Postby hoongern » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:54 am

Hi all, I've looked over the forums for a few months but decided to bring this up. I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but I haven't seen it mentioned in recent topics. I've seen topics related to graphic quality (i.e. shaders, engines, etc.) but not performance. Sorry if it's already been brought up!

Here's the issue:

Take for example, the Corkscrew track. To perform this test, I drive slowly in a tight circle (this happens at any speed anywhere on the track). When my car is facing one direction, framerates can be as high as 700fps. However, when facing another direction, the framerates drop as low as 22fps and mouse response becomes jerky, taking a lot more motion to move around.

Mind you, this is already on a max texture size of 8, no dynamic sky, no multitexturing & AA, where everything on screen looks like huge solid color blobs from games 15 years ago. I'm on Win7 with a 1gb gddr5 Radeon HD6670 @ 1920x1080, which is hardly a gaming card, but capable of running much more graphic intensive games with no issue.

It seems to me that everything is being rendered regardless of visibility, and this makes quite a number of tracks unplayable.

I read that speed dreams is lacking graphic expertise (?), so I'm not here to complain, but just to know whether this is a known issue.

Thanks!
hoongern

Re: Low framerate / mouse response

Postby hoongern » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:57 pm

A bit of a correction on my part - the visibility setting does play a much bigger role than I expected. Performance becomes decent with visibility of ~40. Obviously I don't see as far as I'd like to, but it's much better. (Previously it was set at 75)
hoongern

Re: Low framerate / mouse response

Postby hoongern » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:19 am

Regardless, I should imagine that mouse response shouldn't be affected by low framerates?
hoongern

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help