[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - car setup xml files

car setup xml files

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

car setup xml files

Postby chad3006 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Working on that 57 Mercury -- I still haven't been able to find the way to get the car's road clearance higher. according to my calculations the race version of this car should set about 7 to 8 inches off the ground (about 200 mm). No modification I've made regarding "ride height" in the xml file seems to make any difference (I'm talking about the way the 3d model is presented in game -- not necessarily the performance characteristics). Am I looking at the wrong thing?
chad3006

Re: car setup xml files

Postby Haruna » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:52 am

Ride height affects both physics and visual appearance. Right now there's no way outside of altering the 3D model to raise the car body without altering physics.
Haruna

Postby chad3006 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Well, I'm OK with it affecting both physics and appearance, but so far I haven't been able to get it to make any effect on the appearance, as far as physics, I couldn't really say if it's made any impact or not because I haven't gotten that far yet -- just trying to make the thing look like it's supposed to.
chad3006

Postby W-E-C » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Just a suggestion: Maybe boundaries defined in the xml file of the car category (found in the categories folder) is limiting your ride height movement (though i seem to remember ride height limit is usually set to 300 mm).
W-E-C

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help