[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Extracting throttle/brake/steer/speed values?

Extracting throttle/brake/steer/speed values?

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Extracting throttle/brake/steer/speed values?

Postby GTRdrift34 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:04 am

Hi i am undertaking research which involves analysing human driving behaviour in the speed-dreams-2 simulator. I am using a logitech momo steering wheel and have managed to log some raw data from the wheel straight off the usb port (independent from the simulator). Now i wish to log continuous values of throttle/brake/steer from the simulator as a human player completes 1 lap. The values i am after are the ones that speed-dreams-2 is using but i don't know how to continuously extract these values as someone is playing the game. I opened up the human.cpp file and found this section of code which looks useful for my goal:

RtTelemNewChannel("Dist", &HCtx[idx]->distToStart, 0, 0);
RtTelemNewChannel("Ax", &car->_accel_x, 0, 0);
RtTelemNewChannel("Ay", &car->_accel_y, 0, 0);
RtTelemNewChannel("Steer", &car->ctrl->steer, 0, 0);
RtTelemNewChannel("Throttle", &car->ctrl->accelCmd, 0, 0);
RtTelemNewChannel("Brake", &car->ctrl->brakeCmd, 0, 0);
RtTelemNewChannel("Gear", &HCtx[idx]->gear, 0, 0);
RtTelemNewChannel("Speed", &car->_speed_x, 0, 0);

Ideally i would like to log these values against a time value while someone is racing. Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated i will continue to look into this in the meantime.
GTRdrift34

Re: Extracting throttle/brake/steer/speed values?

Postby mungewell » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:56 pm

There was discussion a whiles ago about 'telemetry' here and on the mailing list.
http://sourceforge.net/search/index.php ... mit=Search

I don't think that there is a working system at the moment, but the foundation is there in the code.
Simon
mungewell

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help