[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Steelseries SRW-S1 support?

Steelseries SRW-S1 support?

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Re: Steelseries SRW-S1 support?

Postby mungewell » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Just on my way to the ski hill. I'll see how easy it is to build 64bit variant.

If I put the patch up, would you be able to build kernel from source??

Anyone know how to patch the kernel on a live-cd? Or if you have VMWare/Virtual box you could use that to fire up a 32bit variant...

Simon
mungewell

Postby Nic KERS » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:30 pm

I thought you might be skiing today. Have a great run.

I'll try a VirtualBox VM. I did consider it, but worried about the USB passthrough. It's a long time since I've tried that feature on a VM, so hopefully it has improved.

Have never built a Linux kernel. I did build some for FreeBSD years ago, but I think that was pretty simple compared to Linux ones. Lots to try, thank you again.

John.
Nic KERS

Postby Nic KERS » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Looks like the VM is a no go because there's no recognition of a USB device connected to the host, which seems to mean it can't be passed through to the guest. The kernel and headers installed just fine though (on the Kubuntu 12.04 i386 VM) and uname is:

Linux K12-386-VM 3.8.0-rc3-srws1+ #19 SMP Sat Jan 12 15:00:47 PST 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I'll try to build a 64bit kernel then, if you could provide the patch. Do you know a good, up-to-date howto for the process?

Thanks again.

ETA: I've downloaded 3.8-rc3 sources and built a generic kernel (build seemed to pick up the config for the current kernel so I didn't make any changes). No idea how to use it though. The speaks of Lilo and I use Grub(2).

The build took just under an hour. Amazing to watch. Was able to see the modules for my sound cards scroll up the terminal.

Later - kernel installation was easy enough. Just 'sudo make modules_install install' - it even updated grup config. There were a couple of dkms apport errors about nvidia and VirtualBox drivers, but it boots and works. Not sure which video driver it used, but it didn't get my monitor resolution right and I couldn't set it to my usual 1920x1080...

We have snow (only a light sprinkle so far) in the UK!
Nic KERS

Postby mungewell » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:43 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mungewell

Postby Nic KERS » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 am

Nic KERS

Postby mungewell » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:47 am

mungewell

Postby mungewell » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:43 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mungewell

Postby Nic KERS » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Nic KERS

Postby Nic KERS » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:49 am

Nic KERS

Postby mungewell » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:11 am

mungewell

PreviousNext

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help