[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Recreating a race using telemetry

Recreating a race using telemetry

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Recreating a race using telemetry

Postby GTRdrift34 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:02 am

Hi i have managed to log multiple telemetry values into a file including steering, throttle, brake, velocity, position, acceleration and time. I was thinking since movie capture seems to slow down the simulator excessively that i would run a race twice- once to collect the data and the second time to feed the data back and record the replay. If this makes sense or if it is even possible which function would be able to read in the values in the telemetry log and update the car at the corresponding time? I do my logging in car.cpp under simuv2.1. Thank you.
GTRdrift34

Re: Recreating a race using telemetry

Postby mungewell » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:24 pm

I don't believe that you would be able to recreate a race by recreating the inputs to the car, there is too much math done which would probably end up in rapid diversion from what you want - ie different car performance each time.

There was some talk of implementing replays, not sure if anyone took this on/is working on it.

You could look at the race engine, which contains a large structures for holding the position/etc of the cars. If this can be stored/retrieved somehow you may be able to replay the race.

This function might only be called when multi-threading is turned on, but it gives a good list of all the possible parameters required for defining the game state.

I had previously suggested using sqlite to do this, but there was some concerns about speed of access and adding another dependancy to the code.
Simon
mungewell

Re: Recreating a race using telemetry

Postby GTRdrift34 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Thanks Simon, if it helps i am simply running the simulator in practice so i can ignore mathematics for the other cars. I think the Positions i have logged Px Py and Pz from car.cpp are the position relative to the centre line in metres? Whereas what i would be after in this case is logging the global coordinates of the car in the track (currently trying to find this) and feeding this back into the simulator at given time intervals to give almost the illusion of replay. What i mean is that i would have no need for speed/steering/braking values as all i want is a series of snapshots and i think positions alone can do it.
GTRdrift34

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help