[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Logitech MOMO don't work

Logitech MOMO don't work

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Logitech MOMO don't work

Postby ambush » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:59 am

ambush

Re: Logitech MOMO don't work

Postby Nic KERS » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm pretty new to SD, but I think you always need to set up what control device your named driver uses. Or it might default to keyboard. I don't know, but does your wheel show up in the player's device configuration? It's the furthest right button under the list of player names box. Looks like 4 arrow keys.

Only other thing I can think of is; if you have two devices which the system thinks are joysticks, perhaps it picked up the wrong one. You should be able to choose which one to use though, I would think. You can see how many 'joysticks' are connected by looking in /dev/input/ for js0 entries.

You can also test joysticks by running 'jstest /dev/input/js0'.

Hoping it helps. Don't give up. It's a great game. :)
Nic KERS

Postby mungewell » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:17 pm

As mentioned above, it's handy to test that the joystick/wheel actually works OK with Linux using 'jstest' or 'evtest'. With a Momo you should be fine.

You do need to allocate the steering/throttle/brake controls under the player config within SD (default is for mouse and keyboard control). See this video:

Have fun,
Simon
mungewell

Postby ambush » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:55 am

ambush

Postby mungewell » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:14 am

Googling "0x46d product 0xca03" pulls up a few pages where they claim it mostly works... which version kernel are you using?

How confident are you on the command line/building code. It looks like it might suffer some of the same issues as the Momo Force (red) I just got, but those shouldn't stop the wheel working completely.

What do you get if you 'tail -f /var/log/syslog' and plug in the wheel?
Simon
mungewell

Postby ambush » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:21 am

ambush

Postby mungewell » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:32 pm

This is quite confusing... just to recap.

* Wheel is recognised by system and works in other application (Extreme Tuxracer).
* Evtest sees the wheel's controls. Does it give any data on movement/button pressing?
* Does 'jstest /dev/input/js0' do anything?
* Does any other controller/gamepad work OK with SD?

I don't have any experience on Fedora, so not sure what might be going on. SD2.0 uses PLIB for its input controls (via the 'js0' interface I believe).
Simon.
mungewell

Postby ambush » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:37 am

Hi, Simon,
- yes, evtest give data from all buttons and movements;
- I have not any /dev/input/js* at all;
- I have not any other controllers. I will ask my friends about it.
I am so far from my home no. I'll be back in March and tell to you additional info.
Thank you for assistance.
ambush

Postby mungewell » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Found the reason (and solution) for your problem:

PLIB uses the (old) '/dev/input/js0' system, whereas generally people are moving to the '/dev/input/eventX' method. We hope to be moving SpeedDreams over to SDL in the future, which will use the newer system...

Simon.
mungewell

Postby ambush » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:25 am

Hi, Simon!
I'm upgraded to Fedora 19 and now I haven't any problems with controllers or something else.

I'm fun with SD, thank you and all contributors!
ambush

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help