[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Problem converting .ac to .acc

Problem converting .ac to .acc

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Problem converting .ac to .acc

Postby chad3006 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Working on my latest car, I hit a problem. It's made up of 4 objects: DRIVER, INTERIOR, WI_GLASS, and BODY, with two textures, one for interior and driver, one for exterior.

First attempt to convert it with sd2-accc. Using this syntax: +es 20 [carname].ac [carname].acc. The interior, glass, and driver came out fine -- the car's body is green with a hint of the proper texture showing through.

In AC3D, made sure everything was triangulated properly -- second attempt same result except some triangles on the body had reversed faces.

Tried again with original model, syntax: +es 0 [carname].ac [carname].acc -- body still green.

In AC3D, separated into two models: (1)INTERIOR and DRIVER, (2)BODY and WI_GLASS. Ran ac2-accc with 20 degree smoothing -- body and glass are good, interior and driver are green now.

Tried taking the good interior from first attempt and good body from forth attempt and cramming them together via text editor. SD would not load the resulting model. Must have left something out or typo somewhere ... can't find it.

Re-arranged the objects in model via AC3D. Now body and interior and driver are green, glass is good though.

86th attempt ... It's still green, with some reversed faced triangles and the glass is bad too ... Can't see through vail of tears, sleep is disturbed, I'm convinced someone is following me. What can be done?
chad3006

Re: Problem converting .ac to .acc

Postby madbad » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:11 pm

madbad

Postby W-E-C » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:06 am

i think i found the problem with the greenish body -> it's the greenish surface material (rgbindex 0.21,0.27,0.02), which actually is meant for the windows, got assigned to the body as well (see mat 0 in Object Body in acc), which may be a bug of the accc utility.
When replacing it with a standard material of a normal SD-car, it works well.
The problem with wrongly assigned materials may be why it's better to only have one material for acc file-generation with the accc utility.
If you want more materials, unfortunately as far as i know the best way is to generate a separate acc file for each material and then join them by hand (note that you have to change the mat-number to 0,1,2 etc. when joining the files).

The reversed triangles is a problem i also have sometimes -> it's a result when differently aligned triangles get grouped by the stripe utility for faster displaying (sometimes it's just a single triangle facing the other way, it mostly happened to me when unintentionally extruding edges and the resulting wrongly aligned face being hidden). the solution is to separate differently facing parts of the mesh to avoid them getting grouped together by the stripe utility (or in the case of unwanted faces to hunt 'em down and delete).

btw. car is looking very good.
W-E-C

Postby chad3006 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Thanks W-E-C, I'll have to ask you some more questions when I have more time.
chad3006

Postby chad3006 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:55 pm

W-E-C, you were on the right track about the multiple textures. I found out exactly what was causing my problems. When I uv mapped the car, my mapping program assigned default textures to each component/object, so therefore I had many textures assigned to the whole car when I merged all the objects together. I had forgotten to remove the superfluous texture associations. This apparently confused sd2-accc in the conversion process – causing texture(s) to be assigned improperly.
chad3006

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help