[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Crashes during race

Crashes during race

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Crashes during race

Postby P!erre » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:49 am

Hi all,

I discovered SD just a few days ago. While I’m happy with the game itself, I recently encountered the kind of issue that make you swear. As the title indicates, the game simply crashes during a race, at any moment, without any obvious reason such as "my computer is too hot and my cpu shuts down everything to survive".

So, maybe some more information might be useful: my computer runs W7 (yeah, right, it’s not free but otherwise I do make efforts) and is overall quite good. I have the most recent SD release and have installed some tracks (Ardennen-Spa, Brondehach, Newton Cup...) and cars (Monoposto, Nascar...). About the crashes: these days I was trying to beat my previous records in massive robots-human races on Newton Cup oval (and Ardennen-Spa too, which is btw great) with a total 24 players (23 robots + me). Even though this is probably irrelevant, I was using a Taipan TRB1 or a Boxer LSp (both great modelling job: that unfortunately I am unable to do) and was competing against a combination of simplix, usr and kilo2008 robots.

And at some time (not in every race), the screen froze and voilà, the game just shut down telling me "speed-dreams-2.exe a cessé de fonctionner --- Un problème a fait que le programme a cessé de fonctionner correctement. Windows va fermer ce programme et vous indiquer si une solution est disponible." (A problem caused this program to cease functioning correctly. Windows will shut it and indicate you whether a solution is available.)

So if anyone has an idea why it’s doing this, well, I don’t know whether "I’ll kiss you" is appropriate but you see the point!
P!erre

Re: Crashes during race

Postby mungewell » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:09 am

Hi Pierre,
Glad you found SD and that you like it (especially when it doesn't crash).... the best suggestion is to see whether there is any useful information in the 'dos box' that it runs in - it prints out a whole load of debug by default, so if you can cut and paste that it would be helpful.

I might also be a 'feature' of other applications running on you machine or one of the settings under options. You could try setting things like multitasking (in SpeedDreams options menu) off.

Which GFX card do you have?

Cheers,
Simon.
mungewell

Postby h-j-s » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:09 am

Hallo Pierre,
I know this Problem very well!! When I start the same race without Kilo 2008 all works fine!!
I wish Kilo will rework his bot for better racing... :lol:
h-j-s

Postby P!erre » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks! I tried without Kilo2008 bots and it works.
P!erre

Postby kilo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:26 pm

kilo

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help