[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - A1 Ring Oil Slick

A1 Ring Oil Slick

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

A1 Ring Oil Slick

Postby Roist » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:56 am

What IS UP with the "oil slick" at the top of turn 2 at the A-1 Ring. I thought it was just the Kanagawa but the Archer (which is pretty stick on less simmed console Forza4) oversteers at the top of the hill as well; every time, no matter how I baby the throttle. I have made it through on occasion but the Long Day's are having a rough go through that section. I've gone into other corners hot, braked late, etc with no problem. But turn 2 is killing me even if I take it waaaay under speed. Just feedback. Thanks. Loving the program though, don't get me wrong.
Roist

Re: A1 Ring Oil Slick

Postby Roist » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:21 am

Ran race with the Super Vulture S12 and set my fastest lap (1:30.323) there and took 2nd against 5 simplyxes and not 1 spinout. Babied the turn 2 but was able to even gas out. Went back to the Kanagawa again and spun every time. Wrong wayed back down the 2nd straight to redo. Even on coast I spun at very low speed. Much less than in the Vette. Why does the only Niss have to run on a pair of ice skates for rear wheels. I drive a Nissan, hence the partiality. :P
Roist

Postby Roist » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:56 am

Lambo did fine in this section. Looped at 1:30.887. Just a tad over 5 tenths slower than the Vette. Only spun once on a gas out test at a fair amount of RPM in 2nd or 3rd gear. In regard to aforementioned episodes with the Aerial, even after downshifting and coasting through, still spun. Perhaps if I had been in neutral, I could have averted spin. Just thought of that. May have to further convenience neutral button programming to my wheel (which integrated and implemented extremely well by the way. THANKS!!).

For another thread. Watkins (definitely the one with the chicane) crashes as does Hock. Just an FYI.
Roist

Postby mungewell » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:51 am

If you press '5' a couple of times you get a FPS counter and a location on the track, might help devs track down what is wrong if they know exactly where.

The physics of the track is defined in the 'XML file', so simple hand edits are possible to surface friction/etc.
Simon
mungewell

Postby Roist » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:44 am

Roist

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help