[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Question about Car setups

Question about Car setups

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Question about Car setups

Postby chad3006 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:55 pm

I've been working on a couple of cars for a while. I haven't exactly been able to pin down what my problem is with the (poor) handling characteristics.

Car#1 has a tendency to roll over on two wheels when cornering hard (obviously cars will do that, but this one does it much too easily.) I can help this by softening the suspension, but then the car gets that wishy-washy feel and the tires get into the fenders, etc. (it feels like a regular passenger car, not a race car.)

Car#2's steering is ... I'm not sure. It over-steers, but then when coming out of a corner and starting to straighten up it becomes uncontrollable. It's like the tires are skidding, but then all of the sudden grab really hard. I messed with tire traction and various other things, but I don't really have a good understanding of all the factors involved in this problem.

Any advice?
chad3006

Re: Question about Car setups

Postby Radoye1 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Radoye1

Re: Question about Car setups

Postby W-E-C » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:51 am

i struggle with with problem #2 on my setups too, so my answering is probably more like the blind trying to lead the blind :)

for #1 besides what was already suggested by Radoye you could try to tweak the anti-roll-bar values as well

i think #2 could be a downforce related problem. i found that (if they're existing) wing setting, clift values, weight distribution and as suggested above also influences the cornering behaviour.

maybe you can find some idea where to tweak values here:
http://www.autozine.org/technical_schoo ... index.html
W-E-C

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help