[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - [SOLVED] How to get a new robot up and running?

[SOLVED] How to get a new robot up and running?

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

[SOLVED] How to get a new robot up and running?

Postby RockinRhythm » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:14 pm

I am developing a robot for academic purposes, but I am struggling already with the basics. I am using SD 2.1 beta version, and basically what I did so far was - I created a folder for my robot (called "ascari") /src/drivers/ascari (with the basic code structure), and copied the usr_sc folder in data/drivers and renamed everything inside it to match the name of my robot. I am pretty sure I handled adjustments of CMakeLists.txt files correctly, as the log of commands "cmake ..; make; make install" didn't produce anything suspicious.

At first, no driver instance was listed for my robot. I tried messing around, renaming files and variabled back and forth, and after a while, I've finally got one instance correctly listed. So I took it on a track in practice mode and it seemed like it's behaving as I've coded it (I've implemented the very first code snippet from berniw's tutorial, just basic steering at first gear). But strangely, after messing around with the values in code, the robot was acting still in the same way, no matter what changes I've done to the code (and yeah, i did re-"make install" it). Strangely, after the robot crashed, it recovered on it's own, which is something that I have not implemented at all! I figured out the instance is taking its behaviour from some other robot, but definitely not my implementation...

So i tried renaming variables and files some more to achieve the "linkage" between my robot implemented in /src/drivers/ascari folder and instances defined in /data/drivers/ascari folder, but for the past three hours I've failed to even get an instance listed again! I am getting really desperate, so my question is... am I missing something here? Does there need to be some more work done aside from defining a robot in source tree and listing instances in /data/drivers folder? And how to link those two correctly? Thank you.
Last edited by RockinRhythm on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RockinRhythm

Re: How to get a new robot up and running?

Postby chad3006 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Here's a link to an old TORCS robot tutorial.

And here's another link

I don't know anything about the robot coding myself.
chad3006

Postby mungewell » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:47 pm

If you believe that your code is building correctly, you should check that at shared library for the robot is produced and installed appropriately. Review the messages in the console as the game starts to see if there is any mention.

In terms of getting a driver listed, you could check out this patch:

Which was the stuff required to add a new robot & driver for the USR robot to drive rally. It might give you a hint of something you missed.

Good luck,
Simon.
mungewell

Postby RockinRhythm » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:03 pm

RockinRhythm

Postby RockinRhythm » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:41 pm

Alright, I managed to get it going after so much struggle, so consider this problem fixed.
RockinRhythm

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help