[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - How to disable lense flare?

How to disable lense flare?

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

How to disable lense flare?

Postby ggonspeed » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:15 pm

Either the game is trolling me or I'm getting old, but my impression is that the lense flare has been getting more annoying in the last couple of weeks. Does anyone know how to turn it off?
ggonspeed

Re: How to disable lense flare?

Postby Haruna » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:39 am

If you're on 2.0 or the latest dev SVN revisions, you can turn on the Dynamic Skydome option in the Graphics options screen of the Options menu. Be warned that this replaces the static sky used like in TORCS, so it'll nom your frames pretty hard.
Haruna

Postby ggonspeed » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:17 am

Thanks Haruna, that disabled the sun and the lens flares. But now I'm stuck with a distorted, out-of-perspective sky and way too fast moving clouds. Any remedy for that? :)
ggonspeed

Postby Haruna » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:14 pm

You could set the Dynamic Sky "distance" value higher. I'm not really sure on what it does (I was only a car painter here!), but it will change the size of the "sky box". This should at least help control the distortion.
Haruna

Postby ggonspeed » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:58 am

Thanks Haruna for the reply. I tried the skydome distance, I even modified it in the graph.xml to larger values than the UI allows, but that just leads to a weird, oscillating movement of the sky.
ggonspeed

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help