[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - solved: enet library not found

solved: enet library not found

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

solved: enet library not found

Postby danny » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:30 pm

My enet library is in:
/usr/local/lib

But when I try to start SD the following message appears:
/usr/local/games/speed-dreams-2: error while loading shared libraries: libenet.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Last edited by danny on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
danny

Re: enet library not found

Postby ktmpete » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:47 pm

What OS?
Did you compile or import as a package?
Are you sure you have all the dependencies installed?

I may be going way out on a limb here, but this seems very similar to my problems except I am getting them at the "make" step. I'm wondering if there are still missing dependencies that are not listed in the instructions or pkg_add instructions.

In FreeBSD, I did see a mention of issues around sharing conflicts for libtxml. Because of this I deinstalled e4graph and left torcs in place. Didn't help though.

As mentioned previously, symlinks may be a solution, though they have not helped in my case.

Still fishing in murky waters here for solutions.

Peter
ktmpete

Re: solved: enet library not found

Postby danny » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:32 am

Thanks for the reply Peter. I solved it by inserting the following line into .bashrc
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

I complied the sources from svn and had to compile libenet myself because the packed version for Debian Lenny was 1.1, but 1.2 seems to be the minimum according instructions. It really was only the path that SD wasn't aware of.
danny

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help