[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Skill

Skill

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Skill

Postby Chazlington92 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Afternoon All,

Sorry to have posted three topics in less than 24 hours ... I'm having a few issues.

I've been into the Simplix-trb folder, and changed the car skins and "fuelper100km" value so I can run my own GT Series with races that require at least one pit stop.

When editing each driver's skill in the "simplix-trb > 1 > skill" document, I've set four cars at 0.0, four at 0.2 and four at 0.3
I ran a race at Espie, and two of the 0.0 cars and three 0.2 cars flew away from the field at 2-3 seconds a lap quicker, and didn't look back.
By the end of the race, the rest of the field had eventually done laps of the same pace, but only now and again...

I did a previous 1-hour race with six of each, separated into 0.0 and 0.2, and by the end it was a perfect split. The front 6 were spread over a 6-second gap, while the back 6 were about 40 seconds back, spread over about 8 seconds.

For some reason, it doesn't seem to work all of the time - one or two cars randomly go quicker than others from time to time.

Am I missing something, or are there easier ways to split the field into three "levels" of talent, so there's some consistency over the "season" ?

Thanks,
Chaz
Chazlington92

Re: Skill

Postby Haruna » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Because Simplix and USR in Speed Dreams are both designed to randomize their laps to give them a more human element, it is entirely possible that, to use a Dungeons and Dragons analogy, some of the AI drivers just keep rolling natural 20's (very rare). You might want to give the AI drivers an even larger skill spread; say Group 1 has a level of 0.0 to 0.1, Group 2 has a level of 0.4 to 0.5, and Group 3 has a level of 0.8 to 1.0.

There's also the Balance of Performance in both GT1 and TRB1, where all cars have at least one track where they are the best pick (except for the Archer R-9 in GT1 where it is usually a top 3 but never best pick, IMO). Some cars are just so good at a particular track type that a driver that shouldn't beat the top six guys (by your grouping definition) can cause a major upset.
Haruna

Re: Skill

Postby Chazlington92 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:00 pm

See, now I was going to ask whether it was some sort of dice-roll-like system - I like it!

I did wonder to be fair. I got to a point where one driver, J Stanley was really quick at Brands Hatch (brondenhach) ... so I tested it at another track and he was I'd say 5th or 6th fastest ... but I'm happy to see that some cars prefer some tracks to others.

I DID notice at Aalborg in a race I did, the two Ferraris started 9th and 11th, and got stuck there due to traffic, but due to their fuelper100km setting being lower than everyone else's, they had track position by pitting early, and with clear track after their stops, did some great lap times. They eventually finished 1st and 2nd!

I'm thinking of doing a championship, seeing as this isn't caused by something I've done wrong - I'll tweak some settings tonight and start I hope!

(Check the Off-Topic Section - I've posted this possible Championship there!)
Chazlington92

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help