[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - How to use trackgen?

How to use trackgen?

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Re: How to use trackgen?

Postby Snake » Mon May 18, 2015 7:57 pm

Ok, for me the Torcs trackgen is in C:\Program Files\torcs

And the SD trackgen is in C:\Program Files\speed-dreams-2.0.0\bin

Yours should be similar depending on which Windows version you have. Your version of SD is probably newer than mine also. :)

The Torcs trackgen is just named trackgen and the SD trackgen is named sd2-trackgen.

Just open the command prompt in Windows and type in CD "C:\Program Files\torcs" or CD "C:\Program Files\speed-dreams-2.x.x\bin" if you want to use the SD trackgen. Keep the quote marks or it won't work. And remember to replace the x.x with the version of Speed Dreams you have.

Then type in trackgen if you are in the Torcs directory or sd2-trackgen if you are in the Speed Dreams directory and it will tell you how to use it.

Hope that helps. :)
Snake

Postby Leopjing » Mon May 18, 2015 8:00 pm

I get it! :D

It works with the commandline (i found a mistake in the directory name (I wrote program false ;-; (progam) ;-; )
Leopjing

Postby Snake » Mon May 18, 2015 8:05 pm

Great. If you need anymore help just let me know and I'll try to help you.

I'm going to go eat now. I'm starving. :lol:
Snake

Postby Leopjing » Mon May 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Ok, i will extend the post now XD

How can i change the drive direction? I want to drive anticlockwise.
Leopjing

Postby Snake » Mon May 18, 2015 10:10 pm

Open the track in the Track Editor and click on one of the turns. Look at the top right corner of the window that opens. You'll see the words "Left" and "Right". The word "Right" will already be ticked.

Now just put a tick next to the word "Left" and close the window. Next do the same thing for the other turn and close the window.

Now save it and run trackgen and you're all set. :)
Snake

Postby Leopjing » Mon May 18, 2015 10:41 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leopjing

Postby Snake » Mon May 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Oh my bad. I didn't know you were making a road course. I have no clue then as a haven't made a road course yet. Tonight I am going to try to make VIR but lately I've only been making ovals so I have no clue how to make it go counter-clockwise.

Maybe someone can chime in and help out. But I'm pretty sure it's the same method I'm assuming. :)
Snake

Postby Haruna » Mon May 18, 2015 11:15 pm

Spin your map such that the home straight points to the right.
Haruna

Postby Leopjing » Tue May 19, 2015 10:17 am

Thx!

1. Change the last segment to the first. (and so on: penultimate to the second)
2. Swap (curve) radius start and radius end
3. Swap (curve) left to right and right to left
Leopjing

Postby Leopjing » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:17 pm

Leopjing

Previous

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help