[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Few personal problems

Few personal problems

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Few personal problems

Postby die996 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:28 am

Hello, my name is Diego, I used to play with TORCS (mostly watching the AI race) but now I have changed to Speed dreams
Here is a few problems I have when playing, I hope you can help me

· How can I make more cars pit in the same paces? I love watching long races and it's kinda lame to just see 16 cars

· How can I duplicate cars? Certain carpacks only have very few AI drivers
·· Is there an easy way to create an AI driver? What about painting a car? I'm quite dumb when it comes to PC stuff

· I can't find all the trackmaking and carmaking software. I remember being able to create very simple semi-broken stuff back in TORCS

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
die996

Dead tutors society

Postby die996 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:52 am

So I've been wondering around this forum and other sites and I've found little to no information on how to make stuff (robots, cars and tracks) for the game. Maybe it is time to recover some of the files. I am not PC-wise at all but I am the kind of guy that knows how to follow orders if they are specific, hahaha
die996

Re: Few personal problems

Postby Leopjing » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:24 pm

Ohjeeee.... A little bit searching and you have find it.
Ok i will do it for you.

First:
More car pits are only possible when you edit the track.

Second:
There are very few AI drivers? :O ( I have enough so many that my pc cant calc all)
Are you sure you have installed all Speed Dreams Packs? (2.1.0; btw the website needs an update as well): http://sourceforge.net/projects/speed-d ... les/2.1.0/
The packs (at me every pack works fine):
* base
* hq-cars-and-tracks
* more-hq-cars-and-tracks
* unmaintained
* src-wip-cars-and-tracks

BUT if you want to have more drivers, go inside the driver folder, and take a car which you want more e.g.
simplix_trb1 then copy a numbered folder (they are differerent skinned and skilled) and rename it to the next number, open then the "simplix_trb1.xml" and copy a section (from beginning to the end) and rename the sections number to the number of the pasted folder, then you can change name and so on... (i havent tested it but it should work, sry but i havent the time :D), then start SD and enjoy XD

Creating an ai driver:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=584
http://www.berniw.org/tutorials/robot/
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=631&p=1956
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21

Painting a car:
You see some skins are in the driver folders, just edit them and copy & past, others are in the car folders themselfs, you can edit them and paste it in with "<name of folder>-<skinname>" (skinname could be everything). (not tested :D)

Track making:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=729
https://commut3r.wordpress.com/2009/10/ ... ke-a-list/
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=734 (its the trackgen.exe which you need for make the track driveable and the trackeditor)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=626
And some more infos about track editors:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=736 (yes there are infos)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=746

If you need more help tell me, i beginn as a newbie too in track editing :D but its possible and cool :D

For making cars, aks "Chad3006", "W-E-C" or "jjsca" or just in the SD cars thread.

And yeah i ope you understand my ehhh "English" :$, and just ask whatever you want.

Leopjing
Leopjing

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help