[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Severe oversteer or way to tune down steering sensitivity

Severe oversteer or way to tune down steering sensitivity

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Severe oversteer or way to tune down steering sensitivity

Postby racerdad1 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but searched around and couldn't find any hints as to how to fix this problem.

I found Speed Dreams because my 5 year old son loves racing games and wants something more than the cute SuperTuxKart game. He is thrilled with the look of Speed Dreams, but the problem is that just a slightly too-much movement of the left or right steering (using a gamepad) sends the car off the track or into a spin. At any speed other than slow, I myself also have a hard time controlling the car.

Is there a way to make the steering very mild, in a sort of "learning mode" or maybe some multiplier that I can use to decrease the sensitivity of the analog control? Or is there a particular car that is easier to drive?

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jon
racerdad1

Re: Severe oversteer or way to tune down steering sensitivit

Postby madbad » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:26 pm

Yes, you can configure the controls.

Take a look at this tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY0HkfN2v64

In the control configuration screen you can configure 3 params, fiddle with them until you like how the car behave
- Steer sens (you probably want to lower this value)
- Speed sens (you probably want to increase this value)
- Dead Zone

For the "easier car to drive" you probably want to try one of the TBR series but I don't remember if they are in the main package of in one of the additional ones.

Cheers, Madbad
madbad

Re: Severe oversteer or way to tune down steering sensitivit

Postby Haruna » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Crank up the speed sensitivity, especially if you or your son are using a game pad; at higher speeds it is very easy to spin. I used to run a value of 0.6 (or 60%) on every PC game I've played, but you might want to crank that up to a higher value. I'd also recommend a steering sensitivity of like, 0.1 to 0.2, because linear (1.0) values make it too easy to spin at low speeds.
Haruna

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help