[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Weird skipping and lagging

Weird skipping and lagging

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Weird skipping and lagging

Postby adibia » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:40 am

adibia

Re: Weird skipping and lagging

Postby mungewell » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:11 am

I have a very similar spec machine, and although I don't get great frame rates I don't recall it pausing/skipping. Normally run Linux on this machine and don't know if I tried the beta1 on it, so I'll give is a special boot into WinXP during the week and let you know....

Most likely there is something else on that machine which is causing the processor or disk to be 'distracted', can you try to shut off any other programmes to see if that makes a difference.
Simon.
mungewell

Postby adibia » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Closing other applications didn't help.
The issue often occurs when I switch Driver Board mode or cycle between cars (with PageUp/Down). However, it happens without doing so, too. The freezing and skipping occurs abruptly, there aren't any frame rate drops or other problems before.
adibia

Postby W-E-C » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:32 pm

i too had this problem with some revisions of my car models, but unfortunately i never found out what caused those lags nor why it disappeared with a later revision (either after adding or changing sth).
so the only solution i can offer is to look which model causes the lagging and not using it :(
if it is the same problem, maybe you could also report which one it is.
W-E-C

Postby adibia » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:01 am

Recently I was playing with Monoposto America 1 cars and SD seems to freeze with them most (few times per minute with only 4 cars on track).
adibia

Postby W-E-C » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:43 am

i tried it on several tracks with the mpa1-car but i didn't get any lags so maybe it's some more obscoure bug that isn't readily reproducable.

btw. it just occoured to me: do you use a virusguard program? if so, did you try wether SD works better without it (maybe it slows SD by trying to check)?
W-E-C

Postby adibia » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Yes, I use anti-virus. I haven't tried disabling it. I remember that the freezing occurred more often when my web browser was running simultaneously with SD (Opera minimized to Toolbar). Recently I ran several SD races in following configuration:

Track: Straight-10
Participants: 3 Simplix robots (2 Vieringe 5 RB and Taipan LTS-R) and 1 human (Vieringe 5 RB)

SD froze only a few times (less than once per 10 minutes). The MPA1 races I mentioned were runned on Chemisay, with 4 different car models (controlled by 3 Simplix robots and 1 human).

EDIT: I ran the race with the same participants (3 Vieringe-Taipan) on Chemisay. The freezing seems to occur a bit more frequently, but still it is far rarer than MPA1 race. Also, web browser running simultaneously increased the frequency of freezing (in fact frame rate was affected, too).
adibia

Postby W-E-C » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:46 am

This sounds like a diffent problem after all, because for me it was clearly traceable to a specific car, while your problem sounds more like a resource or graphics-card related problem (eg. driver problem or lacking support for some OGL-function). Maybe you try posting your problem on the speed-dreams mailing list as some of the developers (like J-P) are currently not active here.

btw. maybe you could try if updating your graphics-card-driver makes any difference.
W-E-C

Postby adibia » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:19 am

I have up-to-date drivers. According to OpenGL Extension Viewer, my graphics card supports all core features up to OpenGL 3.3. So it seems to be a resource problem.
adibia

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help