[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - GRASS - OUT OF CONTROL AT 3 MPH, WTF?

GRASS - OUT OF CONTROL AT 3 MPH, WTF?

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

GRASS - OUT OF CONTROL AT 3 MPH, WTF?

Postby Ghostie » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:50 pm

Seriously... fix this bullshit.
Ghostie

Re: GRASS - OUT OF CONTROL AT 3 MPH, WTF?

Postby madbad » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi Ghostie,
it would be really helfull if you can tell us with what car/track combo you are experiencing this isssue so we can reproduce and try to fix (if we can).
Are you tires spinning (too aggressive acceleration) or locked (too strong brakes) when you experience the control loose?
We already know our phisic engine is really struggling with ovals (turns with high banking in general).
SD phisics is in general are really punishing, when you start to loose control of the car (loose the tire grip) it is really hard to get it back.

Some suggestion in the meanwhile:

- Remember that in the player configuration menu there is a setting that you can adjust to have a somewhat easier to drive car (this give you more/less grip).
I don't remember the exact name of the setting but it is the one with values: arcade/rookie/semi pro/pro.
Set it to arcade or rookie and see if it feels better.

- The TBR1 is probably the easiest car set to drive. Give one of those car a try.

As a last word, please moderate your tone.
I know that loosing car control is frustrating, but remeber that the SD dev team members works on their free time on this project just for their passion so please respect the work we put on it.
We are here to help none the less.
Cheers Madbad
madbad

Re: GRASS - OUT OF CONTROL AT 3 MPH, WTF?

Postby chad3006 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Grass and racing slicks, could potentially spin at low speed. The car I learned to drive in was a V8 powered Pontiac, and my father always used bias-ply tires; it was nearly impossible to get out of moist grass without spinning. Besides you're supposed to stay off the grass :P
chad3006

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help