[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Audi R8 and other supercars

Audi R8 and other supercars

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: Audi R8 and other supercars

Postby Tom_D3 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:17 pm

Thanks for the kind words :D . I' wondering if anyone can help me out. In blender, I made the changes to the DBR9 to make it a DBRS9. Then I mirrored it, and I though that it was all fine, until I realised that the texture was mirrored too, meaning that on one side the logos and writing are illegible. Hopefully this is easy to resolve.

Thanks
Tom_D3

Postby chad3006 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:31 pm

I don't know much about Blender, but it sounds like the UV mapping needs to be updated after the mirrored action was done, or Blender is treating the backfaces as the front (within the UV mapping routine.) In AC3D there is a choice to flip the UV's horizontally or vertically which fixes the "backwards" writing without having to completely re-UV map the whole thing. Maybe Blender has something similar?
chad3006

Postby jjsca » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi Tom I do know a way to solve your UV problems.
1) Create a copy of your model in case you want to edit it later.
2) Apply all the mirror modifiers to yours objects (clck on apply button in object mode).
3) Then start UV unwrapping your model on both sides

This works fine but means you have to redo the unwrap of your car. I guess there is another solution to the problem but I never found any other way to make it. Hope it helps you out.

EDIT: I tried really quick with a plane and a squared car texture in blender 2.72b, and there are in the modifier box two checkboxes to fix the issues. I'll add a screenshot to the message to show better.

Have a nice day.

J.J.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jjsca

Postby Tom_D3 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:20 pm

Since the DBR9 isn't too different from from th DBRS9, I'll start aain and not mirror, it will be much simpler. Also, I am converting th DBR9 to the standard DB9, for the supercars category.
Hope to have the Astons posted here soon. :D
Tom_D3

Postby Tom_D3 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:33 am

What would be the best way to texture a car for speed dreams? I need help on the best way to unwrap, bake, and creating a texture. I've had a look at the tutorials on sourceforge, but they are a bit confusing, and it is all done on the older version of blender.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :D
Tom_D3

Postby Tom_D3 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Hello all,

Despite the busy time of year, I've managed to do some 3D work. Only conversions, but when they're finished they can go into the supercars category. :D Haven't done textures yet, but the models are all done.
c6-c.png
db9.png
s7.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom_D3

Postby Tom_D3 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Also,
zr1.png
and
dbrs9-1.png

Hope you like them, will have textures when I know how to create them.
Have a Merry Christmas :D
Tom_D3

Postby Radoye1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:09 pm

They look great! :D
Radoye1

Postby Tom_D3 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:12 pm

Thanks for the Kind words,I like your cars as well. :D
Have a merry Christmas :)
Tom_D3

Postby jjsca » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi Tom very nice work can't wait to test these on track ;) ! I just noticed the front bumper in the render of the zr1 I think the black artifact comes from 2 bumper copies overlapping but not sure... It might cause you weird display in the game too later on.

By the way if you want to make renders of your cars you can use cycles render, It is a bit easier to set up and gives more light to the shapes. What I usually do is put a ground plane with a dark and rough glossy (0.85 +) and put a plane with a white emit on to of the car. For the body paint I use a mix shader with a diffuse as color input and a glossy with 0 roughness and plug a layer weight (put facing at 0.12 and use this input) in the mix factor. This will give you nice renders and I also use the reflections to make smoother topology. All that is not necessary but adds a bit of wow factor to your models :D .

Anyway nice job !

Merry Christmas to all of you :D

J.J.
jjsca

PreviousNext

Return to SD Cars