[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - chad3006's car thread

chad3006's car thread

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: chad3006's car thread

Postby chad3006 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Created by: chad3006 with various bits from SD-cars
Category: TA20
Based on: 1964 Lotus Cortina
License: GNU Public License

Horse Power: 179 H.P.
Max Torque: 190 Nm @ 6240 rpm
Weight: 800 Kg
Weight on Front: 55%
Drivetrain: RWD
Info: I reworked the setup files for the Consultina here to improved performance on this version.

Categories download link:
Car download link:

Based on: 1967 Porsche 911

Horse Power: 182 H.P.
Max Torque: 222 Nm @ 4875 rpm
Weight: 858 Kg
Weight on Rear: 57%
Info: Sam Posey's take on early
Tony Adamowitcz's

Car download link:

Based on: 1967 Alfa Romeo Sprint GTA

Horse Power: 180 H.P.
Max Torque: 203 Nm @ 5625 rpm
Weight: 745 Kg
Weight on Front: 56%
Info: There's a wealth of info in this thread at the

Car download link:
Last edited by chad3006 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chad3006

Postby chad3006 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Category: TA50
Based on: 1967 Mercury Cougar

Horse Power: 400 H.P.
Max Torque: 463 Nm @ 5250 rpm
Weight: 1247 Kg
Weight on Front: 55%
Info: Some info on the

Car download link:
chad3006

Postby W-E-C » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Great cars you made there, also nicely packaged.

Some nitpicking (if i'm permitted):
exhausts of some cars (boxer, meerkat) seem a bit too low-poly compared to the rest of the car.
the left rear wheel in the meerkat-xml is set to 14" instead of 15" (like the other side), making the car pull to the left
if you detach the mudguards from the fenders on the consultina you could get rid of the strange smoothing there
W-E-C

Postby chad3006 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 pm

WEC, yes you're permitted. Thanks for the heads-up on the wheel size on the Meerkat, I'll fix that.

I'm a real poly-cheapskate about some things like exhaust pipes, windshield wipers, gas caps, etc – I just hate 'em. They seem like such a waste of good polys to me. Usually I forget about 'em and then have to slap 'em on at the last minute – so that probably explains a lot about the exhaust pipes.

As for the Consultina's mudguards, at the time I made that car, I hadn't yet learned about keeping certain objects “separate” to avoid the smoothing problem. Hopefully that's been resolved in subsequent cars – actually, I learned that from you, when you mentioned something about it in another post or private message or something. At the time I didn't know exactly what you were talking about, but I figured it out with some experimentation.

I've also discovered that I absolutely hate reworking existing models, so I'm not likely to go back and fix 'em, so I'll just pretend for the moment that the Consultina's fenders were flared with a ball and peen hammer.
chad3006

Postby jjsca » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi chad nice work !!!
I love those old cars and your models are very nice, the interior could be a bit more detailed be thats ok. I just think the sounds could be a bit better, a bit more lively.

I tried to have a go at changing them with references but music maker is not a sofware to create car sounds so the results were, well let's desribe the as strange dubstep, as i couldn't get the pitch to bet constant and despite all efforts it still sounds like a loop. Long story short: I gave up.

If some one wants to have a go here are the references I found:

Milano:

Consultina

Boxer

I noticed that these vids are also a great indication on how the cars drive. The boxer just seems to love going sideways.

Anyway thank you for sharing this great work :D

Have a nice evening
jjsca

Postby chad3006 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:19 pm

I've put this car in the 2 liter and under class, but in reality it would not qualify for that category because it had a 2.7 liter engine. However, I wanted an American car to round out the class, so I've handicapped it in order to force it into that category. The Corvair was pretty notorious for being “unsafe at any speed,” so I've also had to fudge its handling in order to make it even remotely competitive. Still, it would take a great deal of luck to be competitive with this car.

Based on: 1967 Yenko Stinger

Horse Power: 170 H.P.
Max Torque: 200 Nm @ 4950 rpm
Weight: 942 Kg
Weight on Rear: 59%
Info:

Car download link:
chad3006

Postby Paul Spain » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:10 am

These cars is so low poly, They'd perfect to use in N.F.S. HighStakes. What format are they modeled in? ZModeler?
Paul Spain

Postby chad3006 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:14 pm

They are modeled in Sketchup (.skp), exported in .OBJ format, UV mapped in Lithunwrap, imported into AC3D, tweaked, and saved as .AC format. Then Speed Dreams' sd2-accc.exe converts them to .ACC format.
chad3006

Postby chad3006 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:25 pm

When the Datsun 510 was entered into Trans Am racing, it competed in the 2.5 liter series. However, it technically would have qualified for the older 2.0 series, so I made a 2.0 version here with the early 1.6 liter engine.

Kanagawa 510:
Based on: 1972 Datsun 510

Horse Power: 172 H.P.
Max Torque: 199 Nm @ 5460 rpm
Weight: 793 Kg
Weight on Front: 50%
Info:

Car download link:
chad3006

Postby chad3006 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Here's the correct 2.5 liter series version, but it has no one to play with at the moment. This one has the 1.8 liter engine used later in the 1972 season.

Kanagawa 510:
Category: TA25
Based on: 1972 Datsun 510

Horse Power: 178 H.P.
Max Torque: 206 Nm @ 5460 rpm
Weight: 793 Kg
Weight on Front: 50%
Info: