[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - chad3006's car thread

chad3006's car thread

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: chad3006's car thread

Postby chad3006 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Hmmm. I don't have my SD computer with me, but there should be an xml file located somewhere in another folder that (I think) lays out the car groups and one of them should be called nascar or something like. Do you have that?
chad3006

Postby Nic KERS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:58 pm

There's a Nascar.xml in speed-dreams-2/categories (under /usr/share/games/ on Linux), which seems to set out the general specification for Nascar cars.

In the source download for build r4687 (which I haven't built yet) the same file is in ..../categories/Nascar/

No other files by that name on my PC.

Hope it helps. I'll try them myself later. They look great in the pictures. Thanks.
Nic KERS

Postby longtomjr » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:45 pm

I Checked that too... I do have the nascar.xml file
longtomjr

Postby Nic KERS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:45 am

I've added to the "Installing cars" thread rather than spam your car thread chad.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=148&p=1022#p1022
Nic KERS

Postby W-E-C » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:04 am

idk if the problem with the missing car is already solved, but i think i found the issue (assuming those who have the problem are using Linux):

The category file is called "Nascar" but in the xml-file of the fmc it is spelled "nascar", so on an case sensitive OS this causes SD not to find the appropriate category file, so changing the spelling should do the trick.
W-E-C

Postby longtomjr » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks WEC... will give it a try
longtomjr

Postby chad3006 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Let me know if that fixes it, I'll got back and rename the car's XML files to avoid this issue in the future. I need to go back and update some stuff with them anyway.
chad3006

Postby longtomjr » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:34 pm

that worked like a bomb... I just made a copy of the xml and renamed it to a non capital letter...
longtomjr

Postby chad3006 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:43 pm

I've updated all the cars to hopefully avoid the issue longtomjr and nic KERS were having, and I renamed some to be more consistent with SD’s naming standards. I’m a bit pressed for time, so I hope I haven’t left something out.

Link to all:
chad3006

Postby chad3006 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:07 pm

For a change of pace, I created a Gimp .XCF file for various old school wheels and tires. Some of the textures already have the lugs nuts on them and some don't, so use accordingly.

Example: a vintage cheater slick with wide whitewalls.

(Last item in the table)
chad3006

PreviousNext

Return to SD Cars