[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Has anyone tried making motorcycles for SD2

Has anyone tried making motorcycles for SD2

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Has anyone tried making motorcycles for SD2

Postby Lewis Schrdr » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi, new forum poster,

...but long time simmer mostly involved with FlightGear presently, the open source flight simulator.

I've been tinkering with Helijah's Citroen 2CV conversion in Speed dreams 2.0, which I downloaded last week on his recommendation. I have a number of scooters and motorcycle 3D models in .ac format and it seems that this sim runs .ac 3D forms fine. Although I'm having some issues with my present AC3D causing a GL token fault in SD2 when I attempt to edit these files in my copy of AC3D and then try to load them in SD2.0..

Anyways I'm assuming that if the four wheels present in the SD2.0 car configuration were merged into two groups running at 0.0 in the Y axis that the normal gyroscopic effects would take over once the 'drive model' got enough speed up, and we'd have a working motorcycle. Has anyone tried this?

Cheers

Lewis
Lewis Schrdr

Re: Has anyone tried making motorcycles for SD2

Postby Lewis Schrdr » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:05 pm

So I take this to mean no-one has done this yet? If it is at all possible at all?

I've ported in a simple model I've done of a 'scooter' but all attempts to make it work on two wheels have been pretty bad. There some issues with the masses and inertias for a 125 cc engine. It also seems that it likes to dance about crazily when you wreck, which means about a millisecond after the game starts.
Lewis Schrdr

Re: Has anyone tried making motorcycles for SD2

Postby chad3006 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:30 pm

I haven't tried making a bike. Keep messing with it, maybe you'll make something work. It'd be cool to have bikes for SD too.
chad3006

Return to SD Cars