[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - rear engined street buggy

rear engined street buggy

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: rear engined street buggy

Postby TerraRoot » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm using the ubuntu ppa, 2.0.0~b1-0~lucid2, on debian if that make a difference

As soon as i looked at the ac file in text the material line trick came back to me,thanks W-E-C. also the crease line had to be taken out, but no more i think?
What i was doing wrong to the wheels was scaling them down, the trick is to size them to 1x1x1, wheel looks too wide then but come out perfect in game.
Also i was for some reason thinking wheel0 to wheel3 were individual wheels and i could have different wheels on each corner :( was scratching my head a bit about that :lol: annoying tho, wanted smaller tyres on the front but the same rims.

[strike]I've decided to release it under Free Art license 1.3[/strike], Nope want to go with CC BY-SA now.
right now i'm messing with the suspension and the shadow

TerraRoot

Postby Dennis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Dennis

Postby TerraRoot » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:10 pm

I made the wheels with inventor anyway, it just took a tiny bit longer to make them low poly, still quicker and better then ac3d.

i think the steering wheel might have come out a bit wrong (i rushed it), the rim is low poly but the spokes aren't and the skin doesn't sit right on it, still i get 150fps with my old gfx card so i'm happy.

Notes; the handling: not so sorted, the chassis is lowered again because i can't get more then 300mm of suspension travel, maybe this is a category limitation or a game one i can't figure it out, the 36gp setup in the wiki was very handy but i'm still missing chunks of info.

got the steering wheel model steering :lol:

The auto clutch is none too bright, so when you spin off you have to slip the clutch (z key if you still play carmageddon!) up to 4krpm to get going again.

I'm wraping this one up now, i've a few others to play with now winter is here and i can't go out really.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TerraRoot

Postby Dennis » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Dennis

Postby TerraRoot » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:20 pm

i did learn ac3d, a long time ago, im not re learning it.
please point out the problem areas in my model.
do you know anything about inventor? have you used any parametric modelling tools? there really isn't a better way to model
TerraRoot

Postby Dennis » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Dennis

Postby TerraRoot » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 am

well eagle eye, if that bothers you so much, fork it!
TerraRoot

Postby Dennis » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Dennis

Postby W-E-C » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:28 pm

it's coming along nicely, it just need a chassis and cockpit

... and it also needs a driver ;) (probably easiest to take it from one of the carts from SD)

as for the poligon problem: if you still have ac3d the command "snap vertices together by distance" followed by optimize vertices and optimize surfaces should get rid of most of the "messy" polies
W-E-C

Postby Dennis » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:34 am

Dennis

PreviousNext

Return to SD Cars