[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - rear engined street buggy

rear engined street buggy

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

rear engined street buggy

Postby TerraRoot » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Information:
Car Name: TR-RR
Car Category: Preview
Car Status: beta

Specifications:
Power: 164bhp
Torque: 130nm
Weight: 550kg
Drivetrain: RWD
Weight %: 60% rear

I really glad there is now a forum, i just checked i have about 400megs of stuff i made up for torcs back in the day, a quick check over an most of them aren't fit for release, but now there is a place to show off and get opinions or help think i'll start digging up some of them.

I'm not sure which license i should release under?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TerraRoot on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TerraRoot

Re: rear engined street buggy

Postby Haruna » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Hope you have some more time to flesh it out and give it all the juicy details it deserves; this looks really promising.
Haruna

Postby TerraRoot » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:32 pm

things have changed since i made this buggy, i used to think ac3d was the shit :lol:
made this slotmag in about 2 mins in inventor after i gave up messing with ac3d, not learning it all over again.

"great!" i though "this i'll be easy!"

it's massive, flipping units :evil: anyone know what i should scale down by? i can't remember what i used to do.
TerraRoot

Postby W-E-C » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:37 pm

nice looking start of a buggy, if you add some details like chassis, cockpit etc. it could be really good-looking

@rims
i'd say loading the original SD-wheel and using it as a template for resizing should do the trick
(probably after adding a tyre to the rim)

btw. the rim looks a bit poly-heavy as it is now
W-E-C

Postby TerraRoot » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Got seats and a steering wheel in and decided what i wanna do with the xml, since i also have a locust which is quite similar with the same engine and light weight i though id finish this as a proper buggy with knobbly tyre and loads of suspension, maybe some day there will be a free roam map, it'd be perfect apart from not being able to turn over..

Anyway the seat is quite low poly but not very pretty the sides are too high i think and the steering wheel started off low poly but i forgot about that half ways through and made the steering spokes with a fare bit of detail, didn't seem to hurt the fps at all, unlike as you say W-E-C the wheels which will hurt the fps. Have i seen a car with the steering wheel animated?

As for resizing i scaled all things down from 100% to 1% and it did the trick (apart from the steering wheel, but that was my fault, it was like a bus wheel..) Should get cracking on redoing the slot mags next and picking a tyre thread/knob type, will also model four function trailer lights for the rear and some spots for the top of the roll cage.

The xml will be last, for now it goes quite well around olethros, i'd prefer more dive at the rear and i want the front to bottom out before the rear so it can finish the last corner. stiffening the whole lot up would help there, but ruin the rest of the lap, so if i could just arrange snap understeer when bottomed out somehow.
TerraRoot

Postby TerraRoot » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:17 am

Forgot the add the file in the last post, since then i've added lights front and rear and played a little with the suspension, it's not perfect but getting there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TerraRoot

Postby kilo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Very nice progress!
kilo

Postby TerraRoot » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Iv'e made up the slot mags and tyres in low ploy, even sorted textures, but i now have a problem that i've come across before:

the wheels are tiny and mostly refect white, no idea what i did in the past :roll: please help!
i'd post a pic of the car in question but i'm not near that computer right now.
TerraRoot

Postby W-E-C » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:18 am

i have very little experience with modeling wheels for SD , but i think the problem with being white has to do with the material setting. i managed to remove that problem by copying the material setting from the original SD-wheel by hand (after i edited the standart-wheel for testing).
with the size probem i can only guess. maybe it has something to do with the naming as i noticed that all objects end with "_s_0", "_s_1" etc.
W-E-C

Postby mungewell » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi Terraroot,
You should also be running the latest 2.0beta1, as there is a few changes to the way parameters are loaded and merged.

Simon.
mungewell

Next

Return to SD Cars