[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - question about somes car attributes

question about somes car attributes

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

question about somes car attributes

Postby nonobecane » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:47 pm

SD2 svn / Debian Sid 64 / 1920x1080 on GTX580 / Logitech G25
nonobecane

Re: question about somes car attributes

Postby Haruna » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:58 am

Basically:
Brake Coefficient determines how much engine braking you get. Higher values = more engine braking, and thus increased oversteer sliding when not on the throttle.
Dynamic Friction controls the way grip drops off when skidding. Higher values don't stop the "blocking" however.
You might also want to tone down the brake pressure, the friction of the brakes, or brake sizes.

A combination of all these changes should stop you from spinning off a cliff if you lift the throttle.
Haruna

Postby nonobecane » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:02 am

Thank You for your answer Haruna,

But what the difference between :
"brake linear coefficient" and "brake coefficient" ?

brake linear coefficient is linear and brake coefficient depend of the engine torque ? It's that ?
nonobecane

Postby chad3006 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Here are some links that might be helpful:

chad3006

Postby nonobecane » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:56 pm

Thanks, for this 2 good links, chad3006.

On this link I understand it's "brake coefficient" which depend of torque.

An other question ;)
What settings can you suggest to simulate a rigid axle ?
like this : Image

I play with "Anti-Roll Bar" but i'm not happy of the result

Thank you in advance
nonobecane

Postby chad3006 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:18 pm

chad3006

Postby nonobecane » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Thank you chad3006
Are you sure ? I think sping must be soft. No?
(image extract of )
nonobecane

Postby chad3006 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:59 pm

Well, we must be talking about two different things. To me, a rigid axle is solidly attached (welded) to the chassis – some drag racing cars do this. I guess you're talking about what I would call a solid axle, (not an independent suspension type.) You might try downloading my Cortina, if I remember right, I had it setup for a solid rear axle – you could use that as a starting point anyway.
chad3006

Postby nonobecane » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 am

Sorry, my english is too bad, In french the name for the solid axle is "essieu rigide" and i translate it word at word. :oops:

I 've allready start my suspension settings with your milano-legaro (approximatively the same mass).

I move a lot of suspension settings, I think i must restart probably with your spirit-consultina.

Thank you
nonobecane

Postby chad3006 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:35 pm

No problem, the misunderstanding could just as easily happen between two English speakers.

If you already have the Milano Leggaro, you probably won't find much differences between that and my Consultina in the suspension area. I'm certainly no expert at car setups, but I'd recommend you just keep making adjustments to "springs", "anti-roll bar", and "stiffness," until you find what you are looking for.
chad3006

Next

Return to SD Cars