[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Audi R8 and other supercars

Audi R8 and other supercars

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: Audi R8 and other supercars

Postby Tom_D3 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Hello HyenaRacer45 I am using ubuntu 12.04 lts. I use blender 2.4.9 to import the .ac file of the car and save it as a .blend file. I then edit it in the blender 2.7 and save it. finally, open it in blender 2.4.9 and export it as a .ac file. I have difficulties exporting to .acc on ubuntu as it says it cant find the .acc file, so i'll try it on windows. You can read about it on a thread which i started called 'how to edit car models?', where chad3006 helped me out. You might be able to get accc to work, who knows?

Anyway, when you completely re-write speed dreams can you include this GT3 category I am making please? as for zmodeler, I don't know...

Good luck 8-)
Tom_D3

Postby Tom_D3 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:48 pm

Started with the DBRS9, but focusing more on the R8, to try and get the model finished. Still having trouble converting to .acc though, but the audi shouldn't take too long..
Tom_D3

Postby HyenaRacer45 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:36 am

Sure Tom_D3, of course I would preserve your car class in the rewrite, it would be part of my collimation and restructure process of the folder layout for speed dreams. There are some quirky issues witht the current layout, in the ioquake3 powered rewrite I want to return to torcs folder layout simplicity. Glad to hear 12.04 LTS is what you use for editing though how did you get two seperate versions of blender installed in linux or is 2.7 installed on your windows partition with only 2.4.9 on 12.04? I am strongly considering a new partition for 12.04 LTS along with the 14.04 and win8.1 already on the machine. Since 2.4.9 is the blender version with 12.04, that will definietly work with the ac3d scripts built in rather than installed, unless you can teach me how to get two versions of blender in 14.04, maybe any possible way of pulling from 12.04's repository and integrating into 1404 or is the difference from Lenny/Squeeze/Wheezy too great? After All I want to include your cars as well if I ever figure out the zmodeller thing. of course I will be converting all meshes, stock game meshes, community meshes(like deckard fuitbasket and hydra and hammel sb2, etc), and the z3d meshes all to a new format for use in a heavy modification of ioquake3's 3d engine. Still deciding on which format I will settle on (either obj/LWO/PLY) OBJ is fine nothing wrong with it, but for sake of less commoness Leaning towards LWO or PLY once I reconnect ioquake3 to that format in place of md3 models, the beta will use md3 static meshes with the wheels now full 3d mesh (which will be tricky for different size options (diameter is simple scale function but width will be tricky as rims will be adjustable in offset, lip, and bolt pattern not just scale width). For rotation, I think my re-write will ditch the radial blur process since now full 3d meshes, I will attach a nano module of bullet physics to actually rotate the wheel and tire meshes as well as provide for true rubber bouncyness and angulation when bouncing on the suspension. Python will be an absolute requirement at this point to execute the much much more detailed physics engine as the current one is too primitive for me. (No actual suspension components with weight and gravity interactions just a crude simulation approximating what would go on if we assume a fixed weight for said parts that dont exist on the mesh and fill in some tension parameters for the limited physics model employed currently, don't get me wrong still a fun game but lacking so much basic realism.)Also not bashing the original authors work on his/her physics engine but there is too little input to work for any reasonable expectation of realistic physics simulacra to occur. Will experiment with the current physics engine if it supports having actual parts beung defined unique weight and connect the physics with mesh geometry of real suspension setups, leaf springs, wishbone, macpherson struts, ladder bars, 3&4links, etc.
But I imagine ultimately a new physics engine is needed for the game to progress further and become on the level of Shift, MostWanted, or Shift2. (ProStreet sucked bad in its physics engine so please no one ask or expect me to implament that garbage code into my re-write.) (To me ProStreet is like nearly all bad parts of torcs/speed-dreams current physics code put together). I expect it will take 17months once I start to complete the process and at least 9months for the complete beta version using md3 static meshes, 17mo should have the final mesh format standardized and all shader scripts written for base textures, glowmaps(brake disks), lights(lightmap powered volumetric projection light or blender style area light, beta uses quake3's light projection cone like in the q3dm17 space map and either vertex point light q3a style or lightmap q3a style), rim shaders, and overlay liveries.
HyenaRacer45

Postby HyenaRacer45 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:45 am

Oh and Tom_D3 was that cant find acc file error after either changing permissions/ownership for the whole folder including all child folders and items (may have to doulbe check a few times I find apply to all subfolders doesnt always actually include all sub level folders and items so the permissions change or ownership change may have to be repeated a few times to catch all items-minor glitch ubuntu has had for awhile) or after sudoing the ac-to-acc shell op. These might be helpful things to try as the app does not check for these permissions but rather assumes they are already there so it does all the work in memory but then cant write the file to disk due to permissions or lack of sudo privelaged execution. Let me know, maybe I can still further help with the nit pickyness of debian. Wonderful OS but still needs its hand held to cross the street every so often. ;-)
HyenaRacer45

Postby Tom_D3 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Dear HyenaRacer45,

I am using the ArtistX distro of ubuntu 12.04 lts. It came with blender 2.4.9 and blender 2.6, which I upgraded to 2.7. You can download 2.4.9 and I think it will run seperately?? If not I think you can run it from the downloaded file 8-)
Tom_D3

Postby HyenaRacer45 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:57 am

Dear Tom_D3,
I have tried but it keeps saying blender is up to date won't allow two versions of blender apparently side by side to exist, I don't if there exists a command to force version like in synaptic by apt-get/bmake command line style request. Perhaps the programmers at the artistX distro line knew of the blender versions dropping ac3d support in favor of other newer features like cycles and since being aware of this modified the kernel to accept two versions of the same app side by side to be installed. Trying to exucute from the downloaded version off blender's older version ftp does nothing. bmake says up to date version already installed then aborts going any further. Any ideas?? please it won=uld be really nice to edit the meshes directly in blender with functioning export if 2.49 can do it then that is what i want though i think 2.48 also does the same. Also would the static binaries be better the regular ones from blender's site or do you not know? Do you know also if the ArtistX 12.04LTS is still available for download (I'll make triple boot) and are the repositories still supported/maintained or is it hopelesss?
HyenaRacer45

Postby Tom_D3 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:45 am

I had a quick look but I can only find downloads for the lastest version, ArtistX 1.5. The one that I use is ArtistX 1.3. I think the later version only has blender 2.7. The only thing I can suggest is using ubuntu 12.04 and seeing if you can have 2 versions of blender on it. If that doesnt work, I don't know, sorry
Tom_D3

Postby madbad » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:12 pm

madbad

Postby Tom_D3 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:21 pm

Hello all,

Sorry this is taking such a long time, i'm very busy at the moment with the build up to christmas :D . However, I will get this done in the Christmas holidays and new year.
Thanks 8-)
Tom_D3

Postby chad3006 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:46 pm

I'm glad to see more modelers working on SD at the moment. I'm looking forward to seeing your work. :P
chad3006

PreviousNext

Return to SD Cars