[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Audi R8 and other supercars

Audi R8 and other supercars

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: Audi R8 and other supercars

Postby Tom_D3 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:22 pm

Very nearly finished the DBRS9 GT3, only a little bit of texturing left to do. All unwrapped properly, thanks again for the help.
I'm wondering if I should make the V12 Vantage as well; apart from air intakes etc, is the body shell the same shape?
Will have the other supercars done soon, and I'm making progress with the Audi R8.(btw i'm making the V10 version; this is what the LMS and LMS ultra versions are based on.)
Not long till some cars are posted, but probably won't be until the new year :D
Tom_D3

Postby Tom_D3 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:47 pm

I'v efinished texturing and modelling the dbrs9, now all I need to do is convert to .accc.
The textured version is here, and so is the rendered version.
Have a happy new year :D
DBRS9 render.png
dbrs9123.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom_D3

Postby Radoye1 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:01 pm

Top quality work mate!
Radoye1

Postby Tom_D3 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks for the kind words :)
I'm having trouble exporting to .ac. The model itself exports fine, but the it is not textured when I open the .ac file.
Hope you can help
Tom_D3

Postby jjsca » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi Tom, Nice work I like your model. I am looking forward to driving it around :D . Concerning the .ac export are you using the exporter and integrating directly to the game or are you passing to AC3D to assign your texture ?

If you are using ac3d you can go to object > texture > load texture and normally it should appear textured in the viewport.

If your are not using AC3D, I don't know how to fix this. But if you want you can send me your model and the texture and I'll assign it in ac3d. I could do this tonight have a bit of spare time.

I know that passing directly from blender to SD is a bit rough, I experienced it myself.

Hope it helps you.

Have a nice day ;)

J.J.
jjsca

Postby Tom_D3 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Hi there,
I'll send the model and the texture to you, thank you for offering to do it :D .
I'll send the model in both .ac and .blend formats.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom_D3

Postby jjsca » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi Tom, here is the .ac file with assigned texture. There was indeed no texture applied to it when I opened it in ac3d, I guess the blender exporter doesn't support this feature. I assigned it to everything.

I just checked your uvs because windows were not transparent and I noticed there was one part well down of the square space and there are mutliple parts overlapping including one getting out the square space. I would try to avoid this simply because when a part is out the square the computer tiles the texture to find the color and random stuff may be displayed as uv texture. For the overlapping it is no problem if you dont bake, but if you bake it the last part unwrap will overwrite all pixels already baked wich can give strange results.

Otherwise everything looks nice in the 3d viewport. Nice job ;)

Have a nice day.

J.J.
jjsca

Postby Tom_D3 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Thanks J.J, I appreciate your help :D
for the texture faults, do you mean the black square at the bottom right?
I did that just to save time because I wanted to move on to other things, but I will rectify this.
Thanks again for your help
Tom
Tom_D3

Postby jjsca » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:46 am

Hi tom, don't worry too much about these texture issues if you don't see anything strange. You can leave it as is if it looks as you planned, just be aware that this might be the cause of issues for later models. I had a closer look this morning and I really like your archer rs9, I look forward to take it for a ride.

Tell me if you want me to apply another texture to your models, it was no problem.

Have a nice day.

J.J.
jjsca

Postby Tom_D3 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:26 pm

Another WIP shot of the audi R8. I had to restart it as there were several issues, but i'm happier with the result this time(so far) :D

rs-v10sc.png
Last edited by Tom_D3 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom_D3

PreviousNext

Return to SD Cars