Audi R8 and other supercars

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: Audi R8 and other supercars

Postby jjsca » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Hi tom, I'll try to help you. If I remeber right you are not on windows so this .exe files aren't the ones you need but anyway I'll send them to you. In the sent archive you will find stripe.exe sd2-accc.exe and accc.exe (which I believe is the torcs compiler). Place these in a folder (in C or desktop makes it easier) and place your .ac model at the same place. Then open a cmd window and navigate to the folder where these files are. Then Type in:

Haruna wrote: sd2-accc +es 0 hisui.ac* hisui.acc**
* This field is used to find the model you want to convert.
** This field is used to give the model a name when converted.

And this will open a console and convert your model to acc. Now this worked for me on windows but I needed the stripe.exe to get it work. I guess it is the same on linux. Here is the topic where Haruna told me the method:

http://community.speed-dreams.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=661

If you can't get it to work send me the latest files and I'll try to convert them.

Hope it helps you out.

Have a nice evening.

J.J.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jjsca

Postby Tom_D3 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:09 pm

Thanks J.J, I managed to convert to .acc :D
Can you please assign the texture to the .blend file? I made a few changes.
Will have it posted as soon as I have the .ac file back from you :D
Thanks, you've been a huge help :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom_D3

Postby jjsca » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Hit Tom I've looked to your files, I saw that the .ac was already textured. To be sure I deleted everything and reloaded the texture. I also made a few bonus things in your .blend file if you changed the shading mode to rendered you'll see what I mean ;), it just needs wheels and can go to your portfolio. Here are the files.

Have a nice day.

J.J.
jjsca

Postby Tom_D3 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Thank you, I'll post the car in a bit :D
Tom_D3

Postby Tom_D3 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:25 pm

Car Name: Archer RS9
Directory Name: ls3-archer-rs9
Category: LS-GT3 (see below)
Based on: Aston Martin DBRS9

Specifications:
Weight: 1280kg (54% front)
Drive Train: RWD, 6 gears
Engine: Front V12 6.0l
Power: 554bhp @ 6500rpm
Torque: 698nm @ 5500rpm
ls3-archer-rs9-preview.jpg

Original model by Andrew Sumner (see readme)
ls3-archer-rs9.zip

Extract this to the models folder

New GT3 categtory:
LS-GT3.xml.zip

Extract this into the categories folder

Hope you all enjoy, more cars coming soon :D
Tom
Tom_D3

Postby Tom_D3 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:35 am

Working on the ZR1 corvette now. It's only the C6, but I could make the C7 at some point I suppose :D
Tom_D3

Postby Tom_D3 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi J.J,
please can you assign the textures to these, my method didn't work.
Thank you :D
Also wondering if you can you particles in blender to create tire smoke in SD2?
Tom_D3

Postby jjsca » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Hit Tom, I assigned the texture to your vulture. I just noticed there was a bug on the side intake:

Vette.png

Everything is fine appart form this, good job ;) .

For the particles I don't know if they can be used in games. I know they can work wonders in vfx but actually never used them. Same for armature they could be used to make moving suspension on open wheeled cars in animation but no idea if the can be used for games.

Have a good night.

J.J.
jjsca

Postby Tom_D3 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:42 pm

Hello J.J,

Thanks for assigning the texture. I have fixed the bug on the side intakes (I think), and also I remodeled the hood window.
Can you assign the exterior and interior textures again please, then I can get it finished.

Thanks

Tom :)

EDIT:
Also, is it possible to allow cars to have a supercharger in SD2? Curruntly only turbos are available.
Also, I'm trying to add a moving steering wheel. It moves, bult not around It's centre. It moves around the car's centre
Thanks
Tom_D3

Postby jjsca » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:40 pm

Hi tom, I am sorry, but the files you sent me this time are incomplete, first I have troubles figuring which object goes with which texture, it could be nice if you join the body parts in one object, one with the windows one with the interior and then for the driver parts, you can leave them separate. This is one problem but not the worst, on your new files I have almost no UVs I guess they were not exported or something like this and your blend file is empty (or corrupted) so I can not do that much. You can resend me the files if you want. Sorry this time I can't do that much...

For the steering wheel I had my pain too, what I know is that it must be at (0,0,0) and facing X (means that your arms would reach in positive X), for the rest is tweaking the values in the xml file, here is what I added to the xml file to one of my cars

Code: Select all
      <section name="Steer Wheel">
         <attstr name="model" val="steerwheel.ac"/>
         <attnum name="xpos" val="-0.425"/>
         <attnum name="ypos" val="0.408"/>
         <attnum name="zpos" val="0.6"/>
         <attnum name="angle" val="17.5"/>
         <attnum name="movt" val="1.75"/>
      </section>

I remember that it took me a while to have the wheel right. I also had an idea to make better looking steering wheels that are light on performance, I just made a plane and textured it with a picture of a wheel, not GT6 level but if the picture is good it still makes its effect.

Good evening.

J.J.
jjsca

PreviousNext

Return to SD Cars