[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - American Open wheel master 2011

American Open wheel master 2011

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

American Open wheel master 2011

Postby jjsca » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi everyone, I very proud to release the MPA 11 car kits for speed dreams. It took quite a while to work everything out but it I finally got there. We have a working base to make the complete 2011 MPA line up :D .

I say it is a working base because the graphics are ok but I had massive troubles with setups (I still do actually :oops: ). The oval one is ok for milky, but remains questionable on the other speedways. For the roadkit it's another story, I can not get it to drive better or faster whatever I do as a result you get quite a lot of understeer and happy tail end. It would be very nice to have a setup guru helping out, because I am running out of ideas... There are just too many dark areas for me.

I also couldn't get the driver's head movements to work. I did copy exactly WEC's files but wouldn't work so I removed this feature.

On the other hand, I am pretty happy with the models. So here they are:

Preview.png

1) MPA 11 car

Original authors: WEC (based on WEC's Mpa-10 car posted on his thread)
Based on: Dallara IR-07 indycar
Cathegory: American Open wheel Masters 2011
License: Free Art License

1) Road spec (Image 1):
Weight: 796 kg (58% rear)
Power: 686 hp
Max torque: 506 Nm @ 8750 rpm
Drivetrain: RWD

1) Oval spec (Images 2 and 3):
Weight: 762 kg (58% rear)
Power: 686 hp
Max torque: 506 Nm @ 8750 rpm
Drivetrain: RWD

These car cars are at your disposal, you can play modify or make improvement proposals as you like. It would be very nice to fix the setups as I didn't manage to do it. I will also make the skinning templates, uv maps and bakes for 2d texturing artists when I have time. I used Inkscape to texture the car so I will post gimp and inkscape files.

It would be very cool to build a group of motivated people to create the full 2011 line up and tracks, I personaly have no track creation experience (got the track editor working for the first time saturday). I don't have much time but I am pretty motivated to have a go at the dw12 besides skinning work of these models.

Hope you enjoy these cars and feel free to give feedback. Constructive comments are always welcome.

Have fun and a nice evening.

J.J.

PS Sorry for the grouped images but I ran out of attachements :D.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jjsca

Re: American Open wheel master 2011

Postby Tom_D3 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:39 pm

Great work there, love the 3d wheels and steering wheel :D

This only applies if you have a smaller computer (like me), but I imported all the .ac files to blender (main body, wheels, steering wheel and driver) and found that it was around 20,000 faces. Although this gives better detail, it is quite slow to run. Maybe you could make a lower quality version by merging some faces and running the teexture files through TinyPNG.com, as well as keeping the higher quality model.
Also, I've nearly finished my camaro (which I believe is the pace car in the 2011 season; correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't know very much about Indy500), but I would need to convert it to cabriolet. I should have a lot more time to get this finished from this weekend,but once I've done a few things I would be more than happy to help you create cars and if I can get trackgen working, tracks.

Keep up the good work :D
Tom_D3

Postby jjsca » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:50 am

jjsca

Postby jjsca » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi everyone ! I have made the skinning templates for the MPA 11 car. You will find as promised my original Inkscape files with all the layers and a gimp converion of those files. Note that the gimp files were exporter twice the size of the ingame textures to allow you to work on more details and then shrink down the images (it might be handy sometimes).

To create new cars and skins for the car you should create a copy of the car's directory and the modify the textures inside the copy (keeping the same names will simplify you the work). This is due to the wings using another image texture which is an unofficial way to add more texture space.

In the mean time ahve fun with the car.

Have a nice evening.

J.J.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jjsca

Postby Radoye1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Cool, i'll take a look once RL issues quiet down a bit :)
Radoye1

Postby jjsca » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi everyone, here is a small update on my new WIP, I have started to model the DW12. I haven't had much time to work on that but it is still starting to sloly tak shape:

Sans titre.jpg

The body is still quite rough and needs a lot of work to look ok but it already gives the main idea. For this model I'll make a quite detailed model first and the a lighter one as we don't have an alternative for less performant PC's.

Hope you like it.

Have a good night.

J.J.

PS: If anyone has a photograph of the exhaust section of this car withour the rear wing assembly it would be very cool, because I am struggling to understand how the body work ends there.
jjsca

Postby Radoye1 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:31 am

What exactly do you need? To see the exhaust? Or just shots where you can see the back of the car in as much detail as possible?
Radoye1

Postby Radoye1 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:19 am

Nevermind, actually i think i understand what you're asking for.

The rear wing mount is actually coming in one piece together with the rear "bumpers" and the taillight:

P1070137.JPG

The exhaust pipe exits on the top of the bodywork, on the sidepod just in front of the rear wheels, lower area between the raised "fender" and the engine cover:

P1040985.JPG

The bodywork visible in the rear that extends towards the wing mount is actually the engine cover:

P1040884.JPG

More photos that i think you might find helpful (including steering wheel, floor, front wing underside and a bunch of photos of the DW12 backside in different stages of (dis)assembly will be available soon (i'm uploading a zip to MediaFire, will post the link here) :)
Radoye1

Postby Radoye1 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:51 am

Radoye1

Postby jjsca » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:05 am

Hello Radoye, thank you very much for your photographs they will be a great help. What I needed was actually to see how the engine cover ends near the exhaust and rear suspension, my references were not very clear especially in the Z direction (how high or low). With your pictures it will be much easier. Unfortunately I am pretty busy and haven't had time to make much progress on the model, I only reworked the nose sectionto make the fuselage smoother. I hope I'll have a bit of time this weekend

Have a nice day

J.J.
jjsca

Next

Return to SD Cars