American Open wheel master 2011

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: American Open wheel master 2011

Postby swirusek » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:58 am

great work with this car models. And nice photos.
swirusek

Postby jjsca » Sat May 09, 2015 5:59 pm

Hello everyone how are you all. It has been sometime I haven't posted anything around here. I have been pretty busy and got in contact with the dev team. I learned quite a few new things and managed to convert the mpa11 to .acc format (finally !). I also made some progress on the DW12, it is not finished yet but I like the way it is evolving.

preview.jpg

Hope you like it as I do :D . Feel free to comment or suggest corrections, I never saw this car in real and sometimes pictures hide or distort stuff.

@swirusek: Thank you for the kind words. I really try to improve my modelling everytime, but these models wouldn't have been possible without the kind help of Radoye for his photographs and comments and WEC for his MPA10 model which was a very good base for the mpa11 (thanks guys btw :D ).

Stay tuned for news in the next few weeks.

Have a nice evening.

J.J.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jjsca

Postby Snake » Sat May 09, 2015 6:34 pm

That's awesome!
Snake

Postby Haruna » Sat May 09, 2015 9:59 pm

jjsca wrote:<< SUPER SEXY DW12 >>

You're tempting me to get back on the development team, J.J. :mrgreen:
Haruna

Postby jjsca » Mon May 11, 2015 8:45 am

Hello everyone. Thank you for the kind words :D.

@Haruna: I am glad you like the model, it would be very nice to have an experienced 2D artist as you are. I am certain that with a few guys who know how to create nice car/track models and a few other good Gimp/photoshop/AI/Inkscape artists SD could really become beautiful. As much as I know for the moment I am the only 3D modeler and there's no 2D artist in the team (and to be honest I am not that good at 2D texturing). The road is still long and there is still plenty of perfectionism required, but from what I saw of the new OSG engine there are chances that SD blows a few minds (to be honest I am not even sure Xavier is aware of the massive potential that lies in his OSG engine). SD just needs to be cured from polyphobia and texturephobia and a great amount of love ;).

Just for info I have some plans to imporve SD's graphics with more eye candy (normalmaps and specmaps and if technically possible dynamic alpha maps for glass) talked to Xavier about this and he is open to it but for the moment the priority is to get OSG release ready.

By the way, if there are any 2D or 3D artists interested in joining the team, you can PM me or directly contact Xavier via jabber or e-mail.

Have a nice day.

J.J.
jjsca

Postby madbad » Mon May 11, 2015 10:27 am

jjsca wrote:The road is still long and there is still plenty of perfectionism required, but from what I saw of the new OSG engine there are chances that SD blows a few minds (to be honest I am not even sure Xavier is aware of the massive potential that lies in his OSG engine). SD just needs to be cured from polyphobia and texturephobia and a great amount of love ;).

I'm with you with this one.
Even "just" your models with the OSG lighting already make SD seems to be on another level in respect to the previous release.
I have no idea how beautiful it can become with all the other eyecandy that OSG will allow to be added.

What I really miss in SD so far is proper ForceFeedback support... but it is coming too.

Ps.: Your models are awesome!
madbad

Postby Rocket Racer » Mon May 11, 2015 3:39 pm

Funny that you guys are mentioning OSG. Another open-source project I'm following, OpenMW (https://openmw.org/en/) has recently begun to make the switch to said graphical engine as well. Hopefully it will also improve SD's preformance.
Rocket Racer

Postby jjsca » Thu May 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Hello everyone, how are you ?

I am continuing my work on the DW12, I just finished modeling the 3 kits (Road, 2012 Oval and 2013/2014 Oval). Here you have 2 views of the 2013/2014 Oval kit. Hope you like it ;) :

oval-kit-1.jpg

oval-kit-2.jpg

Now I am going to focus on optimising polycount and I am going to make a detailed interior as well as a new steering wheel, and then it will be time for ingame integration. As always, coments, suggestions and pointing out mistakes are welcome.

madbad wrote:Even "just" your models with the OSG lighting already make SD seems to be on another level in respect to the previous release.
I have no idea how beautiful it can become with all the other eyecandy that OSG will allow to be added.

Yes Indeed, with more detailed 3D models, the game looks a bit nicer. The graphics is an entire package if one has bad models but epic lighting and effects it won't work, same with epic models and low quality lighting. We have to find the sweet spot in the middle of all that.

In terms of how beautiful SD can become, it will depend on developpment, but if we manage to get 15-20K polys models and all the spec, normal and alpha maps, perpixel lighting and a good material system, the question won't be what SD can offer. It will rather be how good are artists. Who knows if we find a way to optimise graphics we might end up just under Assetto corsa or Project cars. For the moment what I saw of the new OSG stuff, the potential in the shaders is there, we just need to find a bunch of photoshop and 3D artists to make epic textures and good looking but reasonable models.

madbad wrote:What I really miss in SD so far is proper ForceFeedback support... but it is coming too.

I too miss this. Do you know who is working on that ? I would be very interested in helping him out by testing and maybe sharing ideas and feedback.

madbad wrote:Ps.: Your models are awesome!

Thank you very much, I am trying to give my best and learn new things everytime. I think it is part of the game and important. I am happy you like these models. I am eager to test and enjoy your work on the hall of fame it is a very good idea.

Have a nice evening.

J.J.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jjsca

Postby Leopjing » Fri May 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Nice! I can wait on that great model!

I would like to see more detailed models too, even if i know that i cant play SD so good then :/
I have 4x 2.9 GHz, 8GB Ram, and 1GB graphicram, and i can play SD only nearly at the absolut minimum graphic settings and then only with max. 10 bots ( i have then a fps of 30-40).....
Or maybe i have done something really wrong.
Leopjing

Postby madbad » Fri May 15, 2015 7:52 pm

jjsca wrote:
madbad wrote:What I really miss in SD so far is proper ForceFeedback support... but it is coming too.

I too miss this. Do you know who is working on that ? I would be very interested in helping him out by testing and maybe sharing ideas and feedback.

J.J.

The initial work has been done some time ago by Simon and (from what I've understood) now Joe is trying to take over the job.

Ticket: http://sourceforge.net/p/speed-dreams/tickets/172/
Mailing list discussion: http://sourceforge.net/p/speed-dreams/m ... sg34057917

Leopjing wrote:Nice! I can wait on that great model!

I would like to see more detailed models too, even if i know that i cant play SD so good then :/
I have 4x 2.9 GHz, 8GB Ram, and 1GB graphicram, and i can play SD only nearly at the absolut minimum graphic settings and then only with max. 10 bots ( i have then a fps of 30-40).....
Or maybe i have done something really wrong.

Yes, especially on some particularry demanding track (Forza, I'm looking at you :D ) with the old SSG graphic module SD has some serious performance problem.
madbad

PreviousNext

Return to SD Cars