[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Suggestion to dev team about cars

Suggestion to dev team about cars

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Suggestion to dev team about cars

Postby chad3006 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:33 pm

I was thinking about future releases of SD. What would it be like to release the "Other Cars" as packs, divided into groups according to the type of race car they are? Like SD would come with the supercars by default and have an F1 pack, 36 GP pack, Stock car pack, etc? People could download just the packs that interest them. I'd still want them all anyway.
chad3006

Re: Suggestion to dev team about cars

Postby Leopjing » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:57 pm

+1
Leopjing

Re: Suggestion to dev team about cars

Postby simon-2 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:31 pm

i also support this idea, as it makes the whole thing more transparent and users can better choose what they want, but i think we still need an "other cars" or "more cars" package, as some of them are pretty lonesome in their respective categories.

Another suggestion concerning cars (strongly inspired by forza :oops: ):
The "garage" page shows some performance characteristics for each car (acceleration, top speed, cornering..). Wouldn't it be nice to calculate an "overall performance rating" (a simple number) out of these, to make cars better comparable? In addition to the button "select five random opponents from this category", another button "select five random opponents with similar performance rating from any category" could be established this way.
As mentioned, some car categories have very few cars and even less robots in it (especially when considering user cars), so that it can be tricky to choose adequate opponents. With "performance matching", one could just select a car, push the button and start a well-balanced race...

Although a race between rallye cars, stock cars and 36gp or whatsoever :lol: is not realistic at all, it might be more fun to ride than a race without any opponents..?
simon-2

Return to SD Cars