[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - New sc-fmc-gt4 package

New sc-fmc-gt4 package

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

New sc-fmc-gt4 package

Postby WingCommander » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:03 am

I have finished the GT40 package. I plan on making a high res version, in the future.

The stats for the car remain the same.

The skins are reproductions of the '60s era cars. I chose them for their colour schemes. The details are as follows:
a) Green with black wheels is the original 1963 Lola GT prototype #6
b) Red with blue wheels #3 raced in 1966 but did not finish (DNF)
c) Dark blue with silver wheels #6 raced in 1966 but DNF
d) White with black wheels #60 raced in 1966 but DNF
e) Black with gold wheels #2 placed first in 1966
f) Gold with green wheels #5 placed third in 1966
g) GULF GT40 #6 placed first in 1968 and 1969

sc-fmc-gt4-ALL.jpg
sc-fmc-gt4-1968-69Winner6-preview.jpg

I have also added preview shots for all cars, including the original (yellow), Ubuntu and Inkscape.

sc-fmc-gt4.zip

Enjoy :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WingCommander

Re: New sc-fmc-gt4 package

Postby W-E-C » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Really good looking liveries :)
W-E-C

Postby WingCommander » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:56 am

Thank-you W-E-C. That means a lot, coming from you! :-D

Perhaps you would care to look at the model and see if you could fix the roof line. I know nothing about Blender.
WingCommander

Postby W-E-C » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:03 am

with all those different MK's for the GT40 getting me a bit confused, you'll have to help me a bit about what exactly you want fixed, maybe a little pic or sth.
W-E-C

Postby WingCommander » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:35 pm

If you look at the pic of the Gulf #6, the roof looks too flat or even wavy.

Maybe it's me and not really a big deal. :roll:
WingCommander

Postby W-E-C » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:22 pm

that wavy look is propably caused by the roof being rather low-poly, but due the nature of the roof i couldn't get completely rid of this effect; so i added a few polies to the roof and have given the rear a bit of a retro look - not too many changes because Andrew (the one of the SD-Team) has written on your preview thread that he plans on making a 60ies one anyway.

This is how it looks:
gt4-retro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
W-E-C

Postby WingCommander » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:47 am

Thanks for looking at that. I have been able to get Blender to import .ac files :) and am learning hoe to use the program.

I have found the problem with the roof. The line of vertices, in front of the rear window, were lower than (z) the front edge of the window. This put a dip in the roof.

I am working with the model but still haven't been able to export a .ac that will work in the game. Keeps crashing but I'll get it!

Oh well, at least I'm trying :lol:
WingCommander

Postby W-E-C » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:34 am

as far as i remember, if you want to get SD to load an .ac-file you need to remove all "crease" lines from the ac-file before.
or you convert it to .acc with the accc tool (which i think needs the "stripe" utility to work - i don`t know if it's like that on linux as well).
W-E-C

Postby rajonmestra » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:11 am

The dark blue with silver wheels looked real...look forward to end up witch such output...very detailed presentation of such a great masterpiece dude...!!
rajonmestra

Return to SD Cars