[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Track Requests

Track Requests

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Track Requests

Postby Haruna » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Circuits
- Goldstone Sand: Reduce/remove amount of glitched garage doors
- Aalborg: Smooth out that f*** back straight
- Bueno: Rework textures and 3D model for improved performance
- Karwada: Modify last chicane to be more like Suzuka?
- Ruudskogen: ADD SOME STANDS
- Brondehach: Remove/fix double-sided faces

Dirt Tracks
- Dirt-3: Give it a proper name - Quarry?

Road Courses
- Spring: Add track side scenery

Circuits
- Petit: Add track side scenery

Ovals
- (all tracks) Fix stuck-on-two-wheels-driving glitch where applicable
- (all tracks) Add or improve scenery

Dirt Tracks
- Improve current existing tracks

Circuits
- Lime Rock Park, USA

Short "cuts"/altered versions of longer tracks:
- Karwada East
- Brondehach Indy
- Forza 2010
- Goldstone National/Club

Dirt Tracks
- Rally tracks based loosely on real-world rallies
Haruna

Re: Track Requests

Postby WingCommander » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:43 am

H:

To change Aalborg back strait, just open /usr/share/games/speed-dreams/tracks/circuit/aalborg.xml (as root) in text editor.

Search and replace: <attnum name="roughness" val="0.015"/> WITH <attnum name="roughness" val="0.007"/>

That will smoothen out the back stretch somewhat more sanely. I do not know if your opinion of the back stretch is shared by all, so a game change may not be appropriate. BUT! I like the track better with a smoother surface, too. :)

There is no need to run trackgen or anything. The changes are immediate.

I played with it and changed to 0.7 and the car does all kinds of funny stuff, but not driveable :twisted:
WingCommander

Postby kilo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:30 am

Haruna,

- Aalborg: I like it that way :)
- Bueno needs some love indeed.
- Brondehach: I love that track, so anything improving it is welcome.
- Dirt-3 rename done by Eckhard.
- Spring scenery in the works (also by Eckhard)
- Petit scenery: definitely, only after 2.0
- Ovals: simu update needed, long term bug inherited from TORCS.
- Ovals: yes, at least a minimal scenery like Arizona. But: only invest time in 3D scenery after the above bug is eliminiated, as most of the ovals should have more slope, as stated in their README.
- Lime Rock: available for D/L here on the forum.

- Karwada East: I had a test on that years ago, will dust it off and see how it looks like.
- Brondehach Indy: if Karwada East works as I've planned, this should be similarly easy.
- Forza 2010: do you mean that awful chicane on the start straight? If yes, same applies as Brondehach Indy.
- Goldstone: the National config I do know, but what do you mean by Club? The Southern Circuit or the Stowe?

- Rally: do we have exact routes for such tracks?
kilo

Postby kilo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:43 am

kilo

Postby die996 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:51 pm

If you like to go fantasy and don't have ideas I can draw mostly anything you desire
I'd like to have Motorland Aragón (best of Tilke's tracks), Bathurst (EPIC), Daytona speedway (24h and bike course) and almost any short track you can imagine (I love to see AI cars trying to go through traffic)

Also, I can design fantasy road courses, off-road courses, rally-like stages and stuff like that

Btw, it'd be also cool to have a rallycross stage like the ones they're using in the USA now, with that monster 70ft double jump
die996

Postby WingCommander » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:03 pm

I've posted a couple of short ovals (1/4 mile dirt and 1/2 mile pavement). There aren't many pits though due to short straights.

I agree, banging around a short oval, in traffic, IS fun! :twisted:
WingCommander

Postby die996 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:43 pm

die996

Postby mungewell » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Hoon of the day : Peter Brock talks us through a lap of Bathurst as he races...

http://jalopnik.com/5870504/peter-brock ... s-he-races
mungewell

Postby edwinguerra » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Hello, guys!!!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been working on some pretty fun and interesting circuits, such as the Australia's V8 Supercars (the entire 2012 season), including Mount Panorama (or Bathurst), the "Daytona International" or the Mar del Plata circuit, in Argentina. Of course, it was a very basic, because I've only used the "Trackeditor" of TORCS, and its conversion to "Speed ​​Dreams", and has no elevation changes on many of the circuits, and the basic design of cameras, but I do it mainly to spend time entertaining myself...

Greetings from Valencia, Venezuela!
Edwin Guerra
@edwinguerrave on Twitter
edwinguerra

Next

Return to SD Tracks