[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Can't Make Tracks

Can't Make Tracks

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: Can't Make Tracks

Postby chad3006 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:03 pm

Correct, I didn't edit anything in the XML file.
chad3006

Postby Cobb » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Okay thats odd, when I run speed dreams with my .xml unedited it doesnt appear but when I edit it the game crashes when it goes to the category its in.
Ill have to have a look into this when I get more time.
Edit: okay it appears to be something to do with the track I made, cause i tried it out with another really simple track i made and it works fine no issues.
Cobb

Postby Cobb » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:21 pm

Alright I have it all working now. It appears I broke the .xml. I remade the track and its all good now, just flat and a bit messy with textures and stuff.
Thanks for all the help guys!
Chad if you run into any issues, give us a shout, either I can try and help or it will give me a heads up for when I get to that point of track creation.
Cheers
Cobb
Cobb

Postby chad3006 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Ok, likewise.
chad3006

Postby Cobb » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:25 am

So I've been hard at work making some tracks, there starting to take shape and looking good. I have encountered two problems so far.
1) Occasionally when adding new textures in, trackgen fails with a gl_rg surf 0x30 error. Whats that mean and how do I get around it other than not adding any more texture types.
2) Im trying to line my pit lane with a wall separating the track and the pitlane. My pitlane is made up of quite a few segments (to account for bumps on the main track) and when I line the whole pitlane with a wall. The game crashes while loading the track, No errors show up in the console but once I get rid of the wall it works again, it appears I cant have any more than 4 segments (my pit lane is 7 segments-yeah the straights meant to be bumpy) with a wall as a border. Again is there way around this?
Cobb

Postby MiniJoe » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Cobb:
I ran into the same problem with pit walls. Does your pit lane include the first and last sections of the track?
I suspect this is where the problem is. I was able to get it to kind of work by changing the wall height of the last section. This did not look great, but if you can try that and it works, it might help narrow down the issue.
MiniJoe

Postby Cobb » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm

I've narrowed the problem down to the last section.
When I have a wall on the last segment it crashes, if I have no wall, it works.
But when I keep the wall and remove the first segments wall it still crashes.
My temporary fix was to reduce the last segment to 0.1 and the second last fill in the rest of the length, just means I gotta fix all the heights.
Thanks for the help MiniJoe

EDIT: DO NOT REDUCE IT TO 0.1, I've found it made the terrain go crazy and messy, 1.0 is better
Cobb

Postby MiniJoe » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:05 am

I have created a Bug Ticket for this on SourceForge.
https://sourceforge.net/p/speed-dreams/tickets/888/
if anyone has any more info feel free to post it there.
MiniJoe

Postby Leopjing » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:39 pm

So it were discusse about the track editor :) but i am very puzzled...

can someone write a tutorial how to start the editor (on win 7 64 bit) and save the maps to play them in the newest version?

The trackl editing themself i will learn myself :)

Leopjing

PS i have 20 or such draw on paper and i want to realised them :)
Leopjing

Postby h-j-s » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:13 am

h-j-s

PreviousNext

Return to SD Tracks