[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Track AI issues

Track AI issues

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Track AI issues

Postby Cobb » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:58 am

So I have several tracks in the making however I'd like to sort out the issues with my first released one. However Im stumped at what the causes are.

1) Certain Simplix drivers will cause a speed dreams has stopped working issue and I cannot find any trace of the cause. Any ideas what this could be caused by or where I can look to find solutions. This issue just suddenly occurred one day after editing the textures for the track (I think).

2) A large number of AI drivers simply just drive their cars off the track making no effort to stay on the road, others constantly spin out and cause jams. If I have a field of say 30, 10 of them drive really well, 10 never find the road again after the first corner and the other ten sometimes go off, sometimes stay on the track. What could be the cause of this? Im thinking it has to do with turn radius' and the elevation changes but I dont know how I could fix it.

Those who have downloaded my track from here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=687 may have noticed these issues.

Note: These issues only occur on Redcliff Raceway, none of my other tracks Im creating have had these issues, however none of them have elevation yet.
Cobb

Re: Track AI issues

Postby Haruna » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:19 pm

The AI setups for the defaults are sometimes just not enough. For USR there's a thread in the Physics forum on how to fix this.
Haruna

Return to SD Tracks