[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - trouble with objects

trouble with objects

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

trouble with objects

Postby simon-2 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:10 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simon-2

Re: trouble with objects

Postby simon-2 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:14 am

i managed to get it into the track, but i don't know why :?
after having tried several things, i changed the key-colour to ff00ff (why does pink work and blue does not!? not very logical), after then was the first time i saw the bridge at all, but it had a tree texture :roll: so i had a look for this object in the track.ac file, edited tree1.rgb to the bridge texture filename and voila. i tried it as rgb and png, but everytime i run trackgen, it picks this tree-texture (even after i kicked all trees from my object map, so that there should not be any tree textures at all).
having this in mind, i recognized that all the other trees also use tree1-texture instead of their own (tree2 etc), i always wondered, why they look so similar :lol: ... so what is wrong with trackgen, so that it always uses tree1.rgb for each and every object!?
simon-2

Postby MiniJoe » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:55 pm

The code for loading the PNG files does not load the true colors. If you are editing your object-map.png with GIMP, be sure to save the gamma (it is NOT the default) when you export the png. Then the colors will load correctly.
I had no luck with the texture problem. It seems to combine vertices? And only use one texture for the whole object.
I added a grandstand which has concrete sides and people in the front (stadium1.ac), but sd2-trackgen used people1.rgb on all surfaces.
MiniJoe

Postby simon-2 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:47 am

thanks Joe,

your explanation with the png loader sounds plausible. i saved object map with gamma now, and additionally used zero compression (resulting in a 6mb file :lol:). But still, it does not work perfectly fine:
i have 2 bridges, both with almost the same file, just another texture and another positioning ("orientation" in objects section in track-xml and "loc"-statement in ac file). When i tried first, i used two pink-tones, ff00ff and ff00fd, but only ff00ff worked. So i tried yellow (ffff00) for the second bridge, and it worked fine :?
is there any rule-of-thumb on what colors (i.e. what type of colors) will be loaded correctly (thus work) and which will not? i think it is quite unhandy to check for every color in SD, if it really generates this particular object, or if i'll have to try another color...
simon-2

Postby MiniJoe » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:44 am

MiniJoe

Postby MiniJoe » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Found some more info here:
MiniJoe

Postby simon-2 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:50 pm

thank you so much :) first, i was scared about compiling it myself (and indeed, it took my hole evening until i got it run), but now it seems i can use any color and it picks the correct object.

the other problem still exists (all objects textured with tree1.rgb), but i think i can cope with it (search&replace, depending on numvert, for every object), as long as number of different objects is manageable (though i wonder why it does not work correctly)
simon-2

Postby simon-2 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:46 pm

next problem- is not really object-related, but i did not want to start more and more threads- so i will post remaining track generation problems here.

with pits left, i get this one:

pits_left.png

but with pits right, i get this:

pits_right.png

doors are correct, but pit building is still on the left side :roll:
any ideas?

edit:
i tested it with two other tracks (a simple test oval and a copy of allondaz), and both times, track building was created on left side, although defined on right side. So it is obviously a bug in trackgen..?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simon-2

Postby simon-2 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:37 pm

found this:

seems to be an older issue, but not fixed yet :(

if blender i/o would work properly, i could move it to the other side...
simon-2

Postby MiniJoe » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:49 pm

MiniJoe

Next

Return to SD Tracks