[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - How do I add banking in the turns?

How do I add banking in the turns?

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

How do I add banking in the turns?

Postby Snake » Wed May 06, 2015 5:08 am

I'm trying to make the Martinsville track and I've got it pretty much made but I'm having one problem.

The Martinsville Raceway track has 12° of banking in the turns, but I can't figure out how to put 12° of banking in the turns on my track. Right now the turns are completely flat and I'd like to add that 12° of banking at each end of the track for the turns but I just cannot figure it out.

Any help is appreciated. I'm using the Torcs Track Editor for this. I'm currently testing in Torcs at the moment but when I get done with it I'll try to convert it over to SD.

Thanks!
Snake

Re: How do I add banking in the turns?

Postby Haruna » Wed May 06, 2015 5:55 am

Haruna

Postby Snake » Wed May 06, 2015 7:05 am

Ok thank you. I actually looked in the Bristol XML file and saw it and I found this site which helps a lot: https://commut3r.wordpress.com/2009/10/ ... ke-a-list/

Thanks!
Snake

Postby chad3006 » Thu May 07, 2015 12:28 pm

Here's some threads here in the forum that contian other links and various info that might help too.

chad3006

Postby Snake » Thu May 07, 2015 6:54 pm

Thanks Chad.

I've already created the track but I'm having trouble putting banking in the turns. I tried it last night and the track got all messed up. The turns got banked but the fence got skewed and messed up and I could not figure out how to line up the end of the straight aways with the beginning and end of the turns.

I am really confused as how to go about this.

I can post some screenshots of it if you want to see what I mean. I'm just really confused. :?
Snake

Postby Snake » Fri May 08, 2015 3:48 am

Well, the track is finished but very basic because I don't know how to use Blender and I don't have AC3D. But the turns are still completely flat as I still haven't figured out how to bank the turns and get it to look right and lined up with the straight aways. I will one day though. :)

I'm about to create a new thread and upload both the Torcs version and the SD version once I put them in a zip file for some feedback.

EDIT: I finally figured it out! YES! It's completely finished apart from adding grandstands and whatnot that I cannot do as I lack the knowledge. I'll upload it tomorrow. :)
Snake

Postby Haruna » Fri May 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Haruna

Return to SD Tracks