[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Need some help getting this lined up

Need some help getting this lined up

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Need some help getting this lined up

Postby Snake » Wed May 13, 2015 7:55 pm

I'm in the process of making a track. Its another oval. A huge one that's purely for high speed.

I'm having a bit of an issue at the start/finish line. I cannot seem to get the seam to line up and I've been wrecking my brain trying to figure it out. I've already tried messing with the arch for each turn to no avail. But it's also possible that I just didn't get the arch just right yet but I just don't know. I'm hoping someone here can shed some light as to what I need to do.

I've posted a image below of the problem. It starts there and goes all the way to one of the pit buildings.

Thanks.

torcs-unlined.jpg

If anyone wants to look at the track in the Track Editor I can upload it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snake

Re: Need some help getting this lined up

Postby Haruna » Wed May 13, 2015 8:26 pm

You gotta zoom in MAD CLOSE to make sure there are no seams in the Track Editor. Adjust the radius in like, tenths or even hundredths.
Haruna

Postby Snake » Wed May 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Thanks. That's what I was doing last night by adjusting the radius on one turn and then the other. Trying to get it lined up. I guess I just didn't get it exactly right. I'll try some more later.

Every seam is lined up perfect except for that one. I zoomed in mad close in the Track Editor and looked at every seam and they all lined up except for that one. It don't make no since though because it's just a standard oval and I didn't have that problem when I built Martinsville.

When I'm done with it and get ready to share it I'm gonna have to find a place to upload it to because I can't upload it to the forum because the track is a little over 31MB just as is. :)
Snake

Postby Haruna » Thu May 14, 2015 12:26 am

Haruna

Postby Snake » Thu May 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Well, I've been messing around with it for a few hours last night, adjusting the arc and then I put the arc back at 180.0 and started adjusting the radius. I almost got it lined up. I just got a tiny, TINY amount to go before it gets lined up perfectly.

I started getting a small headache last night while I was trying to fix it. :)
Snake

Postby simon-2 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:03 pm

here's a way to align it 100%:

trackgen outputs delta x, delta y, delta z and delta angle.

delta z is obvious (use the same z start for the first as z end for the last segment)

if delta angle is anything else than zero, adjust one arc by this amount to sum up to 360 degrees overall turn angle

adjust delta y: if you have any segment that is exactly perpendicular to start lane, simply change the length of this one by delta y; otherwise use another straight segment and change the length by 1/cos(angle)*deltaY (angle being the angle between start lane and this segment)

now, delta y should be zero and you can adjust delta x by the length of start lane segment

and you're done ;)
simon-2

Postby Snake » Mon May 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Thanks. I got it almost perfectly lined up. But it's not perfect. Good thing is that it's not noticeable while you are racing.

Its strange though because if you look at the track in Track Editor and zoom in really close to the start/finish line, you can see that's it's not lined up, but it's almost perfectly lined up in the game. Its really odd. O_o.

But that's the only way I could get the seam to line up in the game. It just doesn't make any since. I'm confused about that. :)

I'll try your method on my next track if I have any issues. The track that I had that issue with is my HiSpeed track, which I've already uploaded.
Snake

Return to SD Tracks