[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Oak Tree Raceway

Oak Tree Raceway

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Oak Tree Raceway

Postby Snake » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:24 am

-Track Name: Oak Tree Raceway
-Track length: 5252m
-Track description: This is a make on the VIR raceway in Alton, VA
-Track type: road

I'm releasing this under GPL.

This is a make in the VIR raceway. I managed to get to pretty close to the real tracks actual scale. But the track is not exact. Mainly when it comes to the elevation. I found a elevation map of VIR but I don't know how to convert the changes from feet to percentages for the XML file. So I just eye-balled it. It's propably not right nor even close but it's the best I could do till I get more expereiance under my belt. There is one issue with the track, there is a slight dip in the track sometime after you come off the backstretch. I'm pretty sure you can find it. It's not a big one so it's not gonna cause you to spin out or anything. I don't know how to fix that. I checked in the XML file for that part of the track and I can't find anything wrong but there obviously is. :)

Also, some of the cars don't want to pit currectly. They will pit but they will not get fuel or repair damage. I have no clue what's up with that.

Again, this track is very basic because I don't know 3D modeling. But if anyone wants to add stuff to the track or fix the two issues or whatever, feel free.

Since the forum won't let me upload files, I placed it in Dropbox. You can get it here:

First time using Dropbox so let me know if it works or not. :)

EDIT: Fixed two typos.
Snake

Re: Oak Tree Raceway

Postby edwinguerra » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:45 pm

Good evening fron Valencia, Venezuela!!!

I already downloaded the zip file and test it (on a "sim mode") and the files run correctly. Is a very nice track, and I think it can be upgradable (if the "Blender wizards" take it and make their magic... XDDD)

Cheers!!!

Edwin
Edwin Guerra
@edwinguerrave on Twitter
edwinguerra

Re: Oak Tree Raceway

Postby simon-2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:39 am

you can add some basic objects without blender using an object map (very handy for trees etc). Just read this "20 minutes track tuturial" to find out how it works; it is pretty simple and you only need gimp (or any another graphics software).
There is just one obstacle, as built-in alpha correction in the png loader makes it impossible to be used correctly, but if you fix it , and recompile trackgen, everything works fine.
simon-2

Return to SD Tracks