compiling trackeditor

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

compiling trackeditor

Postby simon-2 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:52 pm

I'm trying to build a track with larger curve radii than 1000m. For Speed Dreams / trackgen it is no problem, but trackeditor sets them back to 1000 every time the segment it touched.
The limits are set within file trackeditor-0.6.2c.jar/gui/segment/SegmentEditorDlg.java and it is easy to set them to 2000 or even 10000. But i don't get it compiled :oops: i have no idea about how to compile java projects, but trying to compile this file alone doesn't work; it puts a lot of error messages like this:

Code: Select all
[...]

96. ERROR in /home/simon/trackeditor/lib/trackeditor-0.6.2c/gui/segment/SegmentEditorDlg.java (at line 505)
   view.redrawCircuit();
   ^^^^
CircuitView cannot be resolved to a type
----------
97. ERROR in /home/simon/trackeditor/lib/trackeditor-0.6.2c/gui/segment/SegmentEditorDlg.java (at line 514)
   private GroupButton getGroupButton()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^
GroupButton cannot be resolved to a type
----------
98. ERROR in /home/simon/trackeditor/lib/trackeditor-0.6.2c/gui/segment/SegmentEditorDlg.java (at line 527)
   shape.setType(getGroupButton().getSelected());
   ^^^^^
Segment cannot be resolved to a type
----------
99. ERROR in /home/simon/trackeditor/lib/trackeditor-0.6.2c/gui/segment/SegmentEditorDlg.java (at line 541)
   public void sliderChanged(SegmentSlider slider)
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
SegmentSlider cannot be resolved to a type
----------
100. ERROR in /home/simon/trackeditor/lib/trackeditor-0.6.2c/gui/segment/SegmentEditorDlg.java (at line 586)
   frame.getProject().setSegmentEditorX(this.getX());
   ^^^^^
EditorFrame cannot be resolved to a type
----------
100 problems (100 errors)

I guess i have to compile the full project in one go (?)- can anyone help me how to do this?
Might be an easy question for an experienced java developer..?
simon-2

Re: compiling trackeditor

Postby Leopjing » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:52 pm

If you use Eclipse for Java maybe i can help you. Here (Google Drive):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__Jdf ... sp=sharing (i hope i can upload it?)
You will find the Trackeditor project with every (imported) library and so on.... (eclipse shows already one mistake but it should even work).

If you want i can try to compile it for you.
Leopjing

Postby simon-2 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:13 pm

vielen Dank, but still i'm not able to compile it (the problem is that i have absolutely no experience with eclipse and java in general; might be an easy problem but i don't get it fixed).

Would be really nice if you could compile it for me. The changes are in file src/gui/segment/SegmentEditorDlg.java in lines 213 and 239. Just replace "1000" with "10000"...
simon-2

Postby Leopjing » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:55 am

Here is it, i change the version to avoid confusion to: v0.6.2c LCR (LCR for larger Curve Radius).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__Jdf ... sp=sharing
Leopjing

Postby simon-2 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:15 am

thanks alot!!
it's because i'm playing with a piece of Autobahn (very large radii..)- first/basic layout is finished (trial and error editing the xml and checking the result in trackEditor :shock:), but next step is to subdivide/add segments for changes in texture, height, side width etc. As long as i don't know an algorithm to split a segment exactly, i need to fiddle about arcs/radii to keep it aligned...
simon-2

Return to SD Tracks