[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Move to Vdrift graphical engine?

Move to Vdrift graphical engine?

Information about the inner-side magic

Moderator: kilo

Move to Vdrift graphical engine?

Postby Player30 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:26 pm

I love these games but they complete each other. Keep SD physics, cars and tracks, and use Vdrift engine. Maybe cross-game compatibility?
Player30

Re: Move to Vdrift graphical engine?

Postby torcs-ng » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi,

sorry but I do not think the graphics engine will ever be migrated to the engine vdrift.
We study the migration of another library than PLIB but for now nothing has been decided, and the migration will take time for it to be well done. Some library are to study, Ogre, Irrlich, OSG ... my preference is on OSG, but again, nothing has been decided.

Cheers
Xavier
torcs-ng

Postby Player30 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Thank you for your answer. I see OSG is used in FlightGear which is becoming more beautiful each year. I'm very glad you are not seriously considering Ogre because I find it really heavy. OSG from what I've read is really forgiving and works with low end hardware and still has support for modern effects.
But will cross-game compatibility be included in your plans? Talk with the vdrift team, especially with Joe Venzon.
Cheers.
Player30

Postby jordan4ibanez » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:01 pm

hello, i am new, it would be amazing if you guys remade the graphics in ogre :)
jordan4ibanez

Postby macedex » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:40 pm

You are have drives for me sometimes.
macedex

Postby Skeleton racer » Sat May 12, 2012 5:10 pm

I strongly recommend ogre, it is amazing, just see rigs of rods (open source vehicles sim game)
Skeleton racer

Postby torcs-ng » Mon May 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi,

Sorry but Ogre is, maybe fine for a single driver simulation but not for a simulation with AI, and Ogre is very more bugs than OSG.
Ogre is made the basis for the type MMO game.
You saw some picture with Ogre, but look the FlightGear project (Planes simulator) that it have migrate on OSG.

Xavier
torcs-ng

Postby Skeleton racer » Thu May 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Yes, thats true, Ogre is not developed for AI.
OSG looks interesting indeed, but I don't like the reflections in it.
Seems that point is improving in the last versions though.
Speaking about engines, a dev of rigs of rods told on the forum he was working on a basic version of it on Outerra, which is a PLANETARY graphical engine. It could be good too for flight gear.
Skeleton racer

Postby torcs-ng » Fri May 25, 2012 7:57 am

Hi Player30,

Sorry but I don't agree. Where have you saw reflection on OSG, on OSG website or on FlightGear website ?
For SD we could use Shaders or Cube environnement texture.

Xavier
torcs-ng

Postby torcs-ng » Fri May 25, 2012 7:58 am

Sorry not for Player30 but for Skeleton racer.
torcs-ng

Next

Return to SD Physics & Internals