[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Race Results Variability?

Race Results Variability?

Information about the inner-side magic

Moderator: kilo

Race Results Variability?

Postby deep_spacing » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:14 am

I've got Speed Dreams 2.0.0-b1, which I built from sources on Windows 7 with VS9.

When I run an all-robot 3-lap race on Forza with two default Simplix TRB1 boxers and two custom ones I copied based on the boxers, the exact finishing order, race time, best lap time, and top speed seem to come up identical at the end each time.

What causes this? Is it specific to the Simplix robots, a characteristic of the game engine, or something just very weird I'm coming across? I never recall this happening in TORCs with bt-derived robots - there was always some variability. I realize those robots "learned" and rewrote their track knowledge files, which could play into it.

I love the game! Just want to understand the situation more. I'll try a repeated race with a couple of USR bots to see if the issue applies to them, as well.
deep_spacing

Re: Race Results Variability?

Postby deep_spacing » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:37 am

Note: All cases with V2.1 physics engine.

I just run a 3-lap Forza race twice with 2 USR Boxer and USR Taipan bots and the results varied a little between the two races (same finishing order, but slightly different times/speeds/damage).

Perhaps the exact simulation every time has to do with the Simplix bots...
deep_spacing

Postby Skeleton racer » Sat May 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Thats why I would like the berniw tutorial bots went in SD, they are the most interesting and fun to drive with IMO. :D
Skeleton racer

Postby rajonmestra » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:02 am

Yup could do something with the V2.1 physics engine. Or might be a bug on the simplix robots. Anyway, i have seen a guide and a video on how to address such thing. you just need to come up with the default for the previous results to come up. On the other hand, you can have the tutorials.
rajonmestra

Return to SD Physics & Internals