[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Wheel... what to buy?

Wheel... what to buy?

For random discussions which aren't directly related to Speed-Dreams

Moderator: kilo

Wheel... what to buy?

Postby madbad » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm in the process of convincing myself (:lol:) to buy a wheel.

From what I've read around on the net the best one is the Logitech G27 but is way out of my budget (euro 299 are way too much... let say that I want to spend around half of those):

For sure I want one with:
- force feedback
- pedals (brake and throttle)

I'm not sure about
- pedals: clutch .. do you guys really use it and does it make some real difference to have/not to have?
- shifter

Do you guys has some suggestion on what to buy?
madbad

Re: Wheel... what to buy?

Postby mungewell » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:23 pm

On the assumption that you're playing on Linux... we have all of the Logitech wheels supported so I'd suggest one of those. I would go with a 900 degree wheel if you can - so the DFGT is a good bet (you can stiffen up the brake with a squash ball :D ).

I'd also take a look on Ebay/Kajiji/etc, I picked up a DFP for $50 and a Momo(red) for $20 - there are bargains out there.

The clutch is nice, but what really make the G27 is the smoothness of the wheel. But as you said $250+ is more than your budget. You can also spend a lot more than that these days. The fanatec stuff looks nice but I don't know how well this works on Linux.

Shifter could be added later, or use a modified (thriftshop) joystick in 'XY' mode...
Simon
mungewell

Postby Haruna » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:41 pm

Logitech DFGT is the default choice for sub-150 Euros budget, 900 degree rotation, force feedback, pedals, sequential shift, lots of buttons for functions. All you ever need in a wheel at this level.
Haruna

Postby madbad » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:22 pm

So I bought it (the DFGT) on Amazon for EUR 115,72.
Should be there before 27/02/13.
I hope to enjoy it soon! :mrgreen:
madbad

Postby mungewell » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:22 pm

mungewell

Postby madbad » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:07 pm

madbad

Postby madbad » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:35 pm

So, the wheel has arrived and is a lot of fun to play with (it was there on the 27/02 and I'm only posting here now that is 1/03 guess what I've been doing in the meantime :D:D)
I suppose I'm not a so good driver since I've already broken 3 times the front wing of my F1 car, just today, playing with F12012.

@Simon:
Anyway I've tried to use the patch you suggested to enable force feed back in speed-dreams.
From where should I use those patch command (I mean from witch dir)? (I see you used "a" and "b" folder to create the patch) so should I put my "src" folder into a folder called "a" and type from the parent of "a"?
As is now It complaing he cannot find the required files to patch.
Thanks in advance! ;)
madbad

Postby longtomjr » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:51 pm

wow. That sounds nice... If you want to you can post some Times in the high score topic... Its a nice chalange

I would like a wheel to but I am a big flightsim and flightgear and ww1 flying sims. So I Think a joystick are at the moment first on my list. (that is when I am done paying of my guitar from my parents, bought a nice strap, an accoustic effects pedal, a game box, and donated to SD :D ) so yeh

Longtomjr
longtomjr

Postby mungewell » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:23 pm

mungewell

Postby madbad » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:58 pm

madbad

Next

Return to Off-topic